Two Worlds II - UK Release Delayed

Well I just may have to bite the digital download bullet like I did with KB, and the original Drakensang...

But I can be be VERY patient. ;)

I don't know why it puzzles you guys. I can understand you don't like it but why is it puzzling that small publishers decide it isn't profitable to ship niche products in boxes and pay retailers to stock them, when a large portion of the market has moved online and there are no such costs?

Heh, I'm surprised PC games still sell in boxes. I can't remember the last PC game I bought like that...

I'll always want a box. First off I collect PC games and like having them up on the shelf. Secondly in the US buying a boxed product comes with certain legal rights that a download does not.

In any case though Dhurin is right, it should not surprise anyone that a company would go with download only now-a-days on the PC. That will be more and more common whether I like it or not. Luckily I am not opposed to downloading a game, I just would rather have a box.

@Thrasher, you didn't but Rune_74 did, in the post right above Doc's. I typically buy the digital download and if I really like the game, I'll buy a boxed copy if it becomes available. I know that's not feasible for everyone, but I'm probably a publisher's wet dream :) I own multiple copies of lots of games. I'm pretty bad about misplacing media, so a digital download is hard to lose.

I don't know why it puzzles you guys. I can understand you don't like it but why is it puzzling that small publishers decide it isn't profitable to ship niche products in boxes and pay retailers to stock them, when a large portion of the market has moved online and there are no such costs?

It puzzles me when the boxed copy is available for preorder for 5 months then come release its canceled with no notice. That is not going digital that is screwing over your customers in the US.

Its fine if it was announced coming out only digitally on the pc then there is no problem. We know its only a digital release but as we all know southpeak is a terrible pc publisher. Look at there track record.

Sure, I can understand the frustration with the changes. As for Southpeak, this thread is about the UK, where TopWare is the publisher. ;)

I know that but remember southpeak was the original publisher till topware took over.

Right. I remember clearly - December 6th they announced the takeover. Plenty of time to communicate properly with the fans. Not everything can still be blamed on Southpeak.

Right. I remember clearly - December 6th they announced the takeover. Plenty of time to communicate properly with the fans. Not everything can still be blamed on Southpeak.

Or you could call it bad pr and communication for there was hardly any news from either publisher except the freighter accident. Still I hope they earn enough for a part 3 or even the dlc that was promised.

I believe their amount of sold units could be really high - in East Europe.

Okay, this exact mnumber also appears to me to be a little bit high ... So to say.

What exactly did they say regarding sales numbers?

Back
Top Bottom