RPGWatch Q&A for InSomnia

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Helo my fellow watchers I got an offer to do a new Q&A with Studio MONO. So now is the time to ask any questions you may have. I will add them to the interview.

The deadline is Tuesday the 8th so were running out of time.:)

I'm interested in:
  • types of NPC interaction
  • companions/henchmen
  • dialog system
  • gameworld reactivity
  • social skills
  • save system (free vs. checkpoints)

Kickstarter info.

Why are you not going for turn-based combat?

How big is the sandbox/generated quests to normal story/predefined quests ratio?

Thanks for the questions guys I will ask them what you posted. Now as for the rest of you the thread has one day left to give your questions.

After Tuesday I will send them to the developer with my own.:)

And several questions from me:

- the Arch - Do you plan some quests that deal with the fact that you are inside huge ship/space station? What if life support or energy system will have malfunction? What about hull integrity? What if the light will switch off and whole board(s) will fall into darkness? I think its an opportunity for nice quests and it will also help immersion because interiors on screenshots looks more like underground shelter. :)
Note - despite all the struggles for survival there could be someone (hero?) who is more reasonable and aware of simple fact - if the ship is damaged and wont reach the destination all people on board will probably die.

- Story - The game will start on Earth pre-exodus, am I right? In next chapter you will wake up from cryo. But… does it mean that you will uncover all secrets about pre-exodus in the first part of the game? I hope the story wont be as simple and straightforward as that.

- Sci-fi vs Retro - Do you plan to use some distinct sci-fi race (or entity) or other strong sci-fi element outside of retro-futuristic post-war culture (mutants dont count)? I think that the overarching story (ship going to paradise planet) is good opportunity for that to make even more distinct world (like 2/3 retro post-war, 1/3 sci-fi).

- RPG - What non-combat skills should we expect?

- RPG - Do you use basic attributes like Strength, Dexterity, Constitution… to calculate HP and other things (stamina?)?

- AI - Do you plan some kind of morale system for AI companions? For example - if morale is at low levels (or your hero has low charisma) they may refuse to attack if they will think its too risky (like frontal attack on turret). On the other hand if you attack first, they may be more inclined to follow you.

- The game is ambitious. I would advice to focus on singleplayer first and add co-op later. What do you think about that?

Good luck with KS and the development. :)

Is there hand-placed loot in the game, or is it randomized?

One more:

- You mentioned mini-games nad puzzles in game. Should we expect item using, moving objects etc. like in adventures? The ambitious game grows even more ambitious with that. :)

We still got a few hours left so keep sending them in. All of the questions are good ones even your joke Farflame. I'll update the topic when the time is up.:)

I tried to think of some questions and decided to sleep on it. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible!! :D

Well as I promised it's update time. I have sent them the questions so look forward to the article on Friday or Monday. Thank you once again everyone.:worship:

You can still talk about the game if you want though.;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom