The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Some companies just are that stubborn.
I don't know how your local law is, but German law says that you are to get a refund - but in some parts of customer laws it's the customer who has to prove that a thing arrived DOA at him/her.

Alrik )who still wonders why they Valve abbreviated this game as "DOTA")

Well that sucks eggs! (Pun intended.) At least they did give you the refund. I am with Peter, you should not have to fight that long to get them to sort it out, but I guess they do sell to those who do not know where the on/off button is much less how to hook up a keyboard.

Fingers crossed you find a good one and get it soon.

It's bad business practice to piss off customers. Right now, anyone doing a google search may find this thread, and I doubt it will be encouraging them to buy anything from Newegg. I certainly can't recommend them anymore.

So even with the refund, this will likely cost them far more in sales due to bad PR than keeping that money would have netted them. The only reason I got the refund is because I threatened to go to the media, as well as my state attorney general's office, which given the amount could have gotten them both very bad publicity on at least a local level, and fines.

To compensate, I took apart the laptop and cursed at each individual component. I also checked connections. I still have not gotten the nVidia chipset to come back online. So I'm still out.

Hello everyone, long time no see =)
Corwin found me on skype and I'm gonna try and squeeze some game time in with you guys in DDO!
To commemorate this I got a sexy viking as avatar.

Now there's a blast from the past. Welcome back, Taxen0.

So then, with Az out again, what be we runnin? Is Reywind also indisposed again?

I believe Reywind was the one most interested in running Necro4, so we probably shouldn't run our 16s unless he'll be on the scene. Not sure where everyone else's toons are at anymore, so I don't know what our alternatives are. I got Klubbir to 19 by running her thru Reavers and Shav outdoor areas. She needs a Shroud or two for shards and a hair less than 190k XP and then I can TR her into something less suckish. I've got RhoGu at 15 and Shadohe at 11 if that works better for the group. Worst case, Bot and Phuury are still sitting at 23 if we wanted to run epics.

Holy Cow!!!! TaxenO is ALIVE! Glad to hear from you. If you have been playing DDO then let us know a character name and we can add you to the guild. I still have you in my skype list, not sure if anyone else does. But once I get on if you are on can add you to the call for sure.

Well I will log in asap. Have in-laws stopping by for an hour. But when they will arrive no one know. They have dinner plans so should be an hour or so before game time. Anyway will check in skype and find out what we are running then.

Reywind is likely out this week, I'll explain in game. I have a 19, 20, 22 for higher level stuff and a 9, 15 at the lower end. Can't remember the others.

Well, I built a computer on Tigerdirect.com that'll be slightly cheaper for slightly more power. But I'm not buying it quite yet, since that'll put me below a threshold money-wise that I'm willing to go. Partially because I had to buy a very old dog a bed.

Couldn't Cm afford her own bed?? :) (Couldn't resist that one lol )

On the new Daily Dice feature (basically a lottery), please note you only get 1 silver roll per day per account. Not per character.

The second and subsequent Silver rolls, and all Gold rolls, will be paid for with Astral Shards. What's more, is there's no confirmation. So if you have shards, and try to roll a second time on silver or at all on gold, it just rolls, and deducts the shards. So be mindful of that.

I might be able to borrow my parent's computer and get back in game on Fridays, but right now I have too much on my plate to want to play. A lot of things hitting all at once right now. But if I can, I'll be in Friday, at least for a time. I'll likely have to work Saturday.

Any feedback on your "alternate employment" plan?

JM and I ran with Taxen0 and now fear we scared him off. Come back Tax and we promise to let you take the lead and experience the quests on your own.

Hope you get to jump in Az..........:fingerscrossed:

Installing DDO as we speak on the borrowed rig. Not going to be a fast computer, it just has an integrated ATi 6320 and 4GB shared DDR3. But it should be good for fridays.

The laptop gave up the ghost this morning. I heard the HDD rumbling like a small block V8, so I knew it wasn't long. Of course with the video chipset fried, I also knew that the MB had to have issues as well; and it does. I couldn't even boot off a Linux Mint DVD. I'm about to pull the HDD for the Southern American method of properly ensuring no one can get to my data (specifically, 2-3 rounds of .303 British pumped into it after beating the **** out of it with a sledgehammer). Then I'll give it a Viking Funeral.

If I was rich like FPSRussia, I'd blow it up too. Or maybe use a .50BMG to terminate the HDD. Or heck, a tank.

I'm going to order part of a new computer off Tiger Direct in a few moments, then the rest with my next check.

*Edit* Tigerdirect is coded by retarded monkey interns apparently. Across two computers, four different browsers, and a couple hours of fighting with them, and they never would accept the order. They must want me to use IE, which means they're engaging in illegal activities. That's the only reason to require IE, IMO.

Last edited:
Somehow, this IS all DDO's fault. Turbine has you on a watch list with all the national PC dealers. Why? Because DDO hates you, of course.

JM and I ran with Taxen0 and now fear we scared him off. Come back Tax and we promise to let you take the lead and experience the quests on your own.

I still remember the time when we first ran in Korthos and later the harbor quests in Stormreach. The biggest fun was to actually explore the town areas and dungeons and learn about the different monsters there. With my TR toons I don't get that feeling anymore. I know all the quests so well. So the fun with TR's is to use great equipment on elite and see how much more powerful we are now.

If you join a group of elite players you will just follow around getting XP and not have time to enjoy this new world. The TR toons will do most of the work so you become almost a piker (one who doesn't contribute at all). I remember when I was "stupid" enough to run in PUG groups on elite on my first life toon. These toons were so powerful that my paladin was hardly mentioned on the kill list. When even the clerics doing melee had a higher kill rate then it was a bit embarrassing. Now I know it was because my toon was a 28pt build with no gear compared to experienced players with lots of gear and 34pt or 36pt builds.

I actually recommend that Taxen plays solo in Korthos and the level 2-3 quests in the harbor. When he feels confident enough he can try joining a PUG group or two. Maybe those posting normal runs.

Elite runs are often with people who know the quests well and that means they will hurry to the end to get the rewards and XP and over to the next quest. If you want to learn how the quests work then solo play or pug play with inexperienced players is the best way.

Will we be a full group so we have have the Necro 4 run we've been holding on our level 16's.
Depends on Reywind. If he's not up to snuff yet, we'll hold off again since he's the main reason we're running that chain (the rest of us need the XP, and that chain will be "fresh" for most of us anyway since we don't run it often, so he's not the sole reason).

Back
Top Bottom