Favorite iPad RPGs

What are you guys' favorites? I think both Avadon and Aralon are great. I also like Dink Smallwood, Xenome, Mage Gauntlet and Underworlds.

Ok, I'll bite. My favorite right now is Mysterious Castle

It's rough, feels more like a beta than a full release, but it has a lot of potential. A few upgrades and I can see this becoming my favorite roguelike game on my iPhone and leagues ahead of 100 Rogues.

Right now though it's too rough. It needs a lot of improvement before it can take on 100 Rogues.

I have a ton of Iphone games, many of which I really like. But I looked through the whole list and couldn't find a single RPG that I was really excited about (and I've tried a reasonable number).

I guess if I had to pick one it'd be 100 rogues. I kind of liked Battleheart too, it's simple but fun for what it is, but it also has a lot more potential then it actualy uses.

There are tower defence and action games with RPG elements that I'm excited about, but no actual RPGs.

Have you played mission europa? And why do u dislike iOS? Btw, the 3ds ghost recon game is coming to ios as is the new rayman. iOS gets everything and ia a dream come true for budget gamera and retro wrpg fans.

Fadec, I was responding to skave. Btw, I thought just like you until I tried the iPd. It feels so much better than the iPhone for longer games. Plus its just so sleek and revolutionary. Its like a gadget that is 15 years ahead of its time. Did you ever think you could surf the web, fill out resumes, and play Aquaria on a beatiful widescreen display all in one sitting at Starbucks? Not to mention watch a netflix movie, free tv, or read magazines like retro gamer that are interactive? All without having to carry extra peripherals or a mouse or a battery charger with you.

Personally since I got the iapad I stopped playing Wii games and almost stopped Pac games. They dont excite me anymore. How can you get exxited by costant sequels and reharshes in an industry that caters to teens? Im much more ezcited about indy ios games (like the recent announcement of capsized coming to iOS) than call of duty. Its just so mch more personal playing games n iapad and so many new experiences I never had with cosoles. Plus its so comfortable not having to swap discs, cds, peripherals, turning the tv or monitor on, etc.

Please tone down the iPad/iOS commercial. You asked about our favorite games. I answered and let's leave it at that. I will not have a PC vs iOS flamewar, or even discussion, on this forum. I'm tired of them. If you want one of those then head on over to the off topic forum and post a thread there.

As for Mission Europa, I watched a youtube video on it and it's not my thing for the iOS.

None of the RPGs I played on the Iphone would have been any better on the IPad. It wasn't an issue of size or battery life. They just weren't great games. Some were ok.

I'm sure there are games that are only released for Ipad which are better though, especially if Avadon was released there. I was not at all impressed with Aralon though.

A lot of people here liked Avernum on the iPad.

A lot of people here liked Avernum on the iPad.

Avadon ... Avernum isn't out for iPad - yet ;)

I also like Aralon and Rimelands, as well as some of the actiony jRPGs like Eternal Legecy, Sacred Odyssey, and some random others.

But I really prefer the strategy genre games, from Tower Defense stuff to Civ-likes such as Tiny Token Empires to tactical strategy games like Tactical Soldier and so on.

As well as Aralon, i've been playing Puzzle Quest 2 and Undercroft. I also recently got Princess Demelza (known as Dragon Bane on the old palm) which brought back some good mobile memories.

The topic was relevant enough to start a discussion. Actually, I'm a little surprised only a few people listed their favorite iPad RPGs. I know it's not just Mike and I who have an iPhone or iPad.

We have a freaking billion list of PC favs, an iOS list sounded like a good idea.

Just ignore the Apple commercial ;)

Just released today - The Bard's Tale! Yeah, it is the 2004 version, but still … at $6.99 it was an insta-buy for me.

Yeah, I was considering getting it all morning. Universal, too, so I can play it on my iPhone in the train or on the plane or whatever! But like almost all my iOS purchases (and even PC purchases!) it will probably just sit there on the device taking up space.

I just want too much. :)

So it's also hard to make a list of my favourite iPad RPGs as I've usually only spent a few hours on it before going to something else. Not that the game was bad, just short attention span, I guess, heh.

I do have, like very much, and recommend (and I include iPhone games and strategy titles):

- Avalon
- War at Eustrach
- Battle of Wesnoth
- Highborn
- Rimelands
- Aralon

And there are a ton more.

*SQUEEEEEEE* Battle for Wesnoth is on the iPhone???? Awesome! But damn as well. I just bought Ravenmark and that game is a lot of fun.

It's good to see this for sale on the iOS. It's a great free game for the PC and they should get some kind of revenue for this outstanding strategy game.

Thanks for the list. I'll check those out.

*SQUEEEEEEE* Battle for Wesnoth is on the iPhone???? Awesome!

Yes, and they just kept piling on new content in updates, too, so there is really a lot in it. I do remember that it didn't perform very well on my iPhone 3G. Playable, though, but more comfortable on the iPhone 4.

How many of them have you guys completed? :)

It's not about playing them, it's about having them with you all the time! For luck, or something. ;) Aw, shut up PC fanboi. :p

I'm getting an iPhone 4S 64GB in the next couple of weeks. Curious to know what games you all would recommend for it. :)

The Bard's Tale! :) I croaked and got it. Digital age is gonna be the end of me. Anyway, it depends what kind of game you want to play!

Myself, I'm partial to strategy, RPG and point-and-click adventures of all kinds. :) I probably know most if not all of them (the important ones, anyway).

Myself, I'm partial to strategy, RPG and point-and-click adventures of all kinds. :) I probably know most if not all of them (the important ones, anyway).

Maybe you know other games like Spiderweb's Avadon for the iPad. I love how long and intricate it is, reminds me of UltimaIV on the Commodore 64

Silversword

Silversword is an Indie homage to Bard's Tale designed for iPad but playable
for those with high dexterity on iPhone. http://silversword-rpg.com/
I have happily lost many hours to it.
grack

Back
Top Bottom