Demise of the Euro

Tragos, these "names" are the least funny. On the other hand, it's wrong not wanting to see the real bad elements of southern economies.

Man how old are you, do you remember the 70's and the 80's?
My father built three houses including a luxury villa with a pool with his wage only , no loans , people used to party all night long even on Mondays and there were thousands of jobs.
Take a look in the 1981 census and compare it to 1971 one , people were returning from Europe en masse cause economy was super and then we joined EU.

@Tragos,
34 years old here. And is this some kind of sarcasm? I really don't get it.

I'm curious how y'all reconcile your amputation plan with your enlightened global thinking. After all, we all know what happens to the body part that gets amputated. Sure, the rest of the body might survive and even prosper, but at what cost?

The amputated body part analogy isnt all that relevant. Greece still trades with Europe and would benefit from a combination of a devaluation and reduced uncertainty in the trading partners.

I'm not sure the transition would be more painful than the (to some extent fairly stupid and counter-productive) austerity policies either.

Back
Top Bottom