Chaos Chronicles - Playable Character races and Classes

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
On the Chaos Chronicles site a bit of information on the playable character races and classes is provided.
As some of you may have already noticed, we haven’t posted many news here lately due to the tons of work we’ve poured into developing the game this month and the time this took. We promise to deliver a new major blogpost next week, but in the meantime please meet the first representatives of all playable character races in Chaos Chronicles (click image to enlarge):
tn_player_races_all_01.jpg

The ingame character creation will offer you the complete range of classical RPG races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes, Half-Elves and even Half-Orcs.
Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm the following playable character classes: Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, Barbarian, Wizard, Ranger and Paladin. We hope you enjoy this little piece of information and, as always, please feel free to leave a comment below!
More information.

I've yet to see or read anything about this game that I don't like. Sweet! :)

I personally did not expect their classes and races to be so D&D.

Well they haven't included the bard, which is perhaps ironic given their past discussion about the Bard's Tale. But I don't have any problem with that.

Their past discussions indicate they were influenced by older CRPGs, which in turn were strongly influenced by D&D.

Character graphics is quite meh.. good news the camera being isometric players won't see ugliness of faces.

Also their musician is a lamer, who I would fire after listening to his "creations".

The overall artistic design for the isometric camera look however surprises being quite nice. It's rare at game studios that the high-level Art Lead is very talented and the low-level character artists + music guys are lacking experience.

Cool - looks like this will be a 3.5 D&D game in almost every way, except for the name.

The class selection is a solid start. I wonder if they plan to expand it later or have prestige classes. In addition to the Bard, they could maybe add a Druid as well. But I'm happy with what they have - sometimes keeping things simple can be good.

I finally spent some time perusing a bunch of these guys' blog posts on their website, and I think this is now probably my most anticipated game of 2013. And that's even with the small fortune I poured into Wasteland 2 (my first Kickstarter).

I mean, really, how can you go wrong when you tell the devs to bring their favorite game to work to include in a picture, and you end up with this?

coreplay_team_01-e1346856606181.jpg

I'm liking me a turn based combat fantasy crpg renaissance.

Back
Top Bottom