Pricewatch!

Maybe you're just spoiled ? ;)

Maybe you're just spoiled ? ;)

Probably. :p

Digital downloads have changed the way I buy though. I buy more now but at lower prices. There are the odd games I do want enough to buy at full price (this actually was one of them) but most I will wait for a decent sale of 40-50% or more.

If this was one of the games I was waiting to go down in price to grab, I wouldn't be biting at 25% off, but at Amazon's 40% off maybe.

My experience with GG has been spotty. Most DLs have been fine. But their download program didn't work for one of the Stronghold games, and it took a week or more of back in forth before they would give me refund. They never agreed to fix their their program, so beware.

Alice: The Madness Returns is $14.99 on Steam from now through Monday.

Oh and on GG, or really any digital download service, if you buy a Steamworks game from them (ie New Vegas, Deus Ex: HR, Skyrim etc) you don't have to even download from them. You can just grab the key they email you and plug it into Steam, then download there. In those cases just get the game where ever it's cheaper.

*Edited to add: Onlive is doing a promotion now where if they get 10,000 Facebook likes in 24 hours then all registered users will get their next game for $1. Even if you don't want to do the Facebook thing, they already halfway there so it's likely to happen, just make a free Onlive account and you can get something for $1.

They don't have a ton of stuff, but they've got some things here and there. For those who got the Onlive vouchers with Deus Ex you can get the Missing Link DLC for $1 potentially.

Oh, I should note this is in the US only.

Last edited:
Oh, I should note this is in the US only.

Aawwrgh! Son of a! Oh well, I tried OnLive and sometimes the latency is almost bearable, but it's still nowhere like playing the game locally and with uncompressed high-res graphics. Still, very interesting service and awesome for trying stuff out.

Aawwrgh! Son of a! Oh well, I tried OnLive and sometimes the latency is almost bearable, but it's still nowhere like playing the game locally and with uncompressed high-res graphics. Still, very interesting service and awesome for trying stuff out.

They have Android and iPad apps coming out soon so I may use my $1 to get Divinity 2 again and see how it works on my tablet. I demoed it for free streaming and it seemed to run reasonably well, though didn't look quite as nice as it does on my PC with all the settings turned up. Also, while moving around I get that sort of Youtube effect when it's streaming a video and the compression level goes up along with artifacts. Hard to explain without actually seeing it. Still, it seemed playable but I didn't try for too long.

My experience with GG has been spotty. Most DLs have been fine. But their download program didn't work for one of the Stronghold games, and it took a week or more of back in forth before they would give me refund. They never agreed to fix their their program, so beware.

I have over 150 games with them and have had exactly ONE issue - with Beyond Divinity when it was first released. They fixed it within two weeks and I've been fine for years since.

I've bought 8. So the failure rate I had is much higher. Bad luck? Who knows. But the customer support interactions were also irritating. Haven't had to interact with the other DL service customer support.

Deus Ex: The Missing Link DLC is 25% off at Get Games Go

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/deus-ex-hr-missing-link-dlc

It's Steamworks of course so you basically just get a code from them, plug it into your Steam account and download it there.

I bought Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes a little bit ago from them so they are reputable, but I did have to call my credit card company and tell them to go ahead and let the purchase go through because they put a block on it the first time around since the charge was coming from overseas (the UK).

There's also a Grand Theft Auto sale going on a Steam where you can get the complete pack with all the games and expansions for $12.49.

Newegg is running their $47.99 pre-order of Skyrim w/ free shipping ~ across all three platforms again with the promo code EMCYTZT852.

Only for the next 48hrs though, or 39ish hrs as of this post! Not a bad deal considering its $59.99 everywhere else!

EA is doing a 60% off sale on Origin with the code ORIGIN60. It doesn't work on new games and pre-orders, but it will work on most other games. It also works on the 800 bioware points packs so you will be able to buy them for $4 instead of $10. Each of the Dragon Age 2 story DLC are 800 Bioware points, for reference.

Also with the code DA2, ME, and ME2 are $8 each, DA:O Ultimate is $12, etc.

The code must be used inside the Origin client, it will not work on the website. It only works for one item at a time, but you can reuse the code and make multiple transactions. Doesn't work on the 1600 Bioware point pack for some reason, just the 800.

Also may be US only, not sure, so Euro types be warned but worth a shot to try it I guess.

Back
Top Bottom