Always Sometimes Monsters - A RPG About Life

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Publisher Devolver Digital and developer Vagabond Dog announce Always Sometimes Monsters.

Independent developer Vagabond Dog and the consummate professionals of Devolver Digital have announced Always Sometimes Monsters, an unconventional RPG about life, love and the lengths that we will go to find happiness in both. Set to release on PC in 2014, Always Sometimes Monsters aims to explore themes and issues of the modern world where decisions you make affect your life and the lives of those around you.

Players will assume the role of a character out of luck, out of money and on the verge of collapse after learning their beloved is set to marry someone else.

Choose from characters of different gender, race, and sexual orientation and set out on the open road to overcome everything and everyone that life throws at you on your way to redemption. Start and end relationships with a colorful cast of characters, make an honest buck or lie for a few more dollars more and deal with friendship and prejudice as you make your way through the modern grind.

“Developing Always Sometimes Monsters has been a continual process of evaluating our game mechanics and it has also been an evolution of how we regard ethics and morality,” said Justin Amirkhani from developer Vagabond Dog. “Concepts of right and wrong can easily whittle away within the game, so we are looking forward to seeing what choices players make during their unique journeys.”

Always Sometimes Monsters will be playable at PAX Prime booth 871 with a custom demo taking players through a few of the initial sequences and asks players to make a decision that will permanently affect the character in the game upon its release next year
More information.

Good title.

True. Unfortunately that is where the good news seems to end. The graphics style doesn't chime at all for me with the real-world serious subject matter.

I'd at least be interested in hearing what they did regarding the game mechanics they "reevaluated" - their website and their announcment says nothing about that. Not necessarily a good sign.

The game has my interest at least, and that's because I play RPGmaker games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom