Drakensang: The River of Time - Limited, Individualised Personal Edition

Sadly I already own this map twice. Not in cloth, granted. But it is basically the same map that was in "Land des Schwarzen Auges" in the 90s and "Welt des Schwarzen Auges" in the 2000s (and probably also in "Geographica Aventurica, which I didn't buy because the changes to the "Welt des..." Box were minimal).

Would have been cool if they would have drawn a completely new map.

Still, the Inrah card-deck kind of does it for me. Will probably buy.

Well, these are the contents of my Personal Edition.

Black rectangles indicate where my name was printed.

Picture 1, upper line :

Left: badge
Middle: PE box
Right: game box

Picture 1, lower line :

Left: Cloth map
Middle: Catalague of license holder Ulisses
Right: Soundtrack CD and underneath 3 coupos on 1 sheet of paper

Picture 2 : Left: badge, right: box

Picture 3 : The "Inrah" card game, which is an Aventurian card game similar to Tarot, with which the card game "Boltan" can be played. the rules and the cards are new.

Picture 4 : the "solo adventure" (style of "chose your own adventure") called "Eilif's Treasure". The big Thorwalian woman on the ship is the owner of the ship, Eilif.

What's not on the pictures is the personal certificate.

Attachments

• PE_1.jpg
    PE_1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 69
  • PE_2.jpg
    PE_2.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 69
  • PE_3.jpg
    PE_3.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Eilifs_Schatz.jpg
    Eilifs_Schatz.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 70
I'd use a sharpie to black out the USK and other logos on the front of the box ("Das Schwarze Auge" can stay) and maybe make a photo of the two company logos, print it out and attach it to the back. Otherwise, looking good. :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm content with it. :)

NEED this game to be released outside of Germany right now :(

I was just watching a "lets play" for this on YouTube. It appears to be out on Steam but there is no discussion of it? It looks like a fine game to me. I thought the first one was quite good? Hmmm...

Last I heard is that it's out on Steam in a few territories.

The River of Time is clearly better than the first game. Such a shame it didn't sell (or was sold so badly, depending of who you ask).

At that time everyone wanted to play either Dragon Age or Dragon Age 2.
So, this game quickly became forgotten.
Also, because it is not an "Action-RPG". No fast combat, not "cool loot", etc. - and a story where you do *not* become a demi-god ...

So no one here played it? No reviews anywhere despite its US release on Steam? What market didn't get it? I don't understand why this game is ignored here of all places.

So no one here played it? No reviews anywhere despite its US release on Steam? What market didn't get it? I don't understand why this game is ignored here of all places.

I played both actually. The problems was the delayed release schedule and support from the publisher. Most markets had to wait almost a year after releases and on top of that digital releases were only avaible only in certain country's.

When it was released there was hardly any announcement and fanfare. It seemed to me DTP just didn't care about international markets. Same thing happened with Divinity 2.

Last edited:
I also have both. Grab them ASAP. Both are awsome.

When it was released there was hardly any announcement and fanfare. It seemed to me DTP just didn't care about international markets. Same thing happened with Divinity 2.

Yes, but I think I remember having heard from someone from dtp that no-one really wanted to publish/distribute those games in the U.S. - and THQ became distributor of at least one of them. Proof : http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/01/26/thq-debuts-drakensang-the-river-of-time-for-digital-download
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5646

It's so long ago now …

If you can buy it where you live you should definitely do so. If I had ever written that review I wanted to, I would have been tempted to give River of Time a 5/5. I liked Drakensang a lot, but in hindsight it had more issues than I saw when I wrote my review. Still, it's a good game which I still recommend.

River of Time improves Everything. With a big E.

Back
Top Bottom