The Witcher 2 - Website Teaser

Thanks - I added that to the front page newsbit.

I don't think I like Geralt as much.

I agree. There was distinctive twist in art direction.
Also visibly less complex 3d models. Perhaps because of console optimization ?

Still , story and characters sound top notch.

And lets face it, a magic spell that removes clothes ! WOW!

Epic :p

Thanks - I added that to the front page newsbit.

I don't think I like Geralt as much.

Was going to post this too. They clearly changed Geralt look…. probably in an attempt to make him looking better… but Geralt doesn't need to look good… the first witcher game Geralt was just perfect… in line with the book.

Still… The Witcher is my favorite RPG in years and I'm strongly looking forward to this.... hoping it won't be consolized much.

He looks different and younger.
I've not followed the game development, thus far, nor read the books. Is anyone aware of the in-setting time period this takes place? Could there be a legitimate reason for his shift in appearance?

Having said that, I am with JDR13: short of the inclusion of some Ubisoft-level DRM, this is a day one purchase for me.

I've not followed the game development, thus far, nor read the books. Is anyone aware of the in-setting time period this takes place? Could there be a legitimate reason for his shift in appearance?

Having said that, I am with JDR13: short of the inclusion of some Ubisoft-level DRM, this is a day one purchase for me.

Indeed, whether Geralt's appeareance has changed a little is not going to keep me from buying Witcher 2. Day one purchase for me!

Loved the first game. It's also one of the only games my wife has ever taken any interest in (the others being Syberia and Fable 2), so it shouldn't be a problem budgeting for this one. ;)

I also preferred the look of Geralt in the first game, but that's not going to matter much if this game is as good as (or better than) the earlier one. What a great year for games!

All aboard for the Witcher 2 preorders. I too, have my ticket punched for this game. The original was a treat! In my opinion, the best European crpg ever released.

Well... Gerald got himself a sweet face and a funny haircut.
I don't like it much either, but then again it's probably hard to like any changes of something that you got used to.

Add me to the list of preferring the old Geralt better. This one looks too young and pretty. Please change it back CD Project!

I haven't been following the development but from the trailer it seems like this one comes right after the first on the timeline, so I don't think he's younger because it's a prequel.

Was the voiced changed? Hard to tell from the small sample. I hope not, Geralt's voice really worked well for the character in #1.

This is in my must buy category but I'm going to wait until I see if the North American version is censored again, I'd rather get it two weeks later from the Brits than condone censorship.

Hi guys. First time poster, long time reader.

In the trailer there is a text from CDP RED, after the logo, single frame, 1:57:
This message is for our biggest fans. Analyxing our stuff pixel by pixel, bit by bit. It's good to see you again! :)
BTW: Simple minded people think that nobody is reading these days, dear reader of this, we think that we can agree that it is bullshit, huh?
Same as the fact that single player RPGs are dead, or PCs?
We sold 1.5 mln units game from dying genre on dying platform - so we somehow cannot agree ;-)

Before we start talking about TW2 : ) please let us thank you for your great support and appreciation. It allays motivate us and make us happy.

We started working on TW2 right after release of TW. Out goal was to create all the things which made TW so great in TW2 even better.
We are very proud of TW but let be honest, it was our debut. We never made any game before, and we practically learnt as we worked.
So there were many things which could be done better, you know it as good as we ;-)
But the vision, the main concept remain the same: game with mature, captivating, and unliniear story, and full of spectacular combat.
A game created by a team of independent thinkers immune to corporate priorities, who don't care what's trendy at a given moment.

The core vision of the game hasn't changed. What has changed is the quality and the maturity we can deliver. That's largely because, we're more experienced and also due to the fact that, we've created our own technology.
Do you remember how we made significant improvements with the Aurora Engine in the original game, but it still had its limitations?
Now we've created technology designed specifically to create
non-linear games with extensive plotlines and a living world…
well, there's no point in expanding on that too much - you have to check out our tech yourselves!
Nevertheless, we have many reasons to believe that you will like The Witcher 2!
See you soon and stay tuned :)

Thanks Krusty.

Anyway... I'm one of those who won't be nitpicking and will buy the game as soon as it's on the shelves.

I think they can sign up most of the regulars on this site!! :) Welcome Krusty and thanks for that post.

Now they just need to let us pre-order the Collector's Edition at US, please :)

In the trailer there is a text from CDP RED, after the logo, single frame, 1:57:
A subliminal message? How unethical... :biggrin:

Well if they bothered to add a subliminal message in it they should have put something like "The new Gerald looks great!"

Well, hopefully they're right about what it says because if it's going to be any better from the first game then it safely gets my vote for best RPG of... eh... its decade(?) (whichever decade that may be) at least.

Back
Top Bottom