Dishonored - PC Requirements

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog has revealed the system requirements for Dishonored:
Minimum Spec:
Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
Memory: 4 GB system RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
Sound: Windows compatible sound card
Enhanced for:
64-bit
multi-core
Recommended Spec:
Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better
Memory: 4 GB system RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
Sound: Windows compatible sound card
More information.

Either the above requirements are wrong (since the minimum and recommended graphic cards are the same) or these are high requirements in my book! Minimum is HD 5850?

DX9 but won't run on XP. Interesting.

4 GB memory min. Does this mean there's no 32- bit version since 32 bit doesn't use 4 GB ram?

Seems overkill if you ask me. Maybe they're just hedging their bets. GTX 460 or HD 5850, yet only 512 MB? Did they make smaller versions of those cards or are they just saying those models or higher are "recommended"? My GTX 260's in my other PC are each 896 MB.

Either the above requirements are wrong (since the minimum and recommended graphic cards are the same) or these are high requirements in my book! Minimum is HD 5850?

Ouch, yes, Nvidia 460/ AMD 5850 means the game is probably not going to run on my PC.

Last edited:
you almost can't get a PC faster than 2ghz these days. They've been kind of stuck at these specks for the last few years.

4 GB memory min. Does this mean there's no 32- bit version since 32 bit doesn't use 4 GB ram?

:lol:

must need a Linux box then with a DX9 emulator.

Published by Bethesda…

It's just an unoptimized sad excuse for a game then. Figures.

:EDIT:
Also, this is probably ***. The game is on the Xbox and PS3 too, so it'll probably run on 1GB of RAM, 2Ghz 2 core and some old 8800GT, so don't fret.

Remember the PS3 is a Cell processor and I know for a fact that Sony shows its devs how to optimize their code for it by breaking it up into a chunks. The XBox is a 3 core Xenon machine too.

Minimum graphic reqs seem nonsensical. Probably an erroneous paste.

Going by Wikipedia, the 460 and 5850 don't have 512mb versions. The line in parenthesis probably isn't supposed to be there for the minimum requirements.

Yeah, that's nonsense. DirectX 9 but requires a 400 series? That makes no sense at all. System requirements are the same on Steam, though.

We'll see. I would be really surprised, if those were the right system requirements. Minimum spec graphics card and memory exactly the same as recommended spec? More memory required than a 32-bit windows can address? Must be a sloppy copypaste.

Probably some error, as minimum spec seems the same as the recommended spec, just with faster proc needed to compensate for the cores. Doesn't make that much sense ;)

We'll see. I would be really surprised, if those were the right system requirements. Minimum spec graphics card and memory exactly the same as recommended spec? More memory required than a 32-bit windows can address? Must be a sloppy copypaste.
Probably some error, as minimum spec seems the same as the recommended spec, just with faster proc needed to compensate for the cores. Doesn't make that much sense ;)

Yeah, looks like a typo.

The minimum spec was probably supposed to be the same as Skyrim, "any DX9 compatible card with 512MB video memory"

Well, the blog has been updated to fix a link and there are some responses from Bethesda there but the specs remain the same. It's no typo - they mean to say what they are saying.

That means one of us doesn't know what the Hades he's talking about.

Well something definitely is not right. As noted above, GTX 460 and HD 5850 are larger cards than 512 MB. So what is it, 512 MB or those cards?

I personally believe they pulled some of the numbers out of their you-know-what.

A DX9 game that isn't supported by Windows XP?
Asking for cards that support DX11, but saying it is a DX9 game?
Asking for card versions that doesn't exist (512mb GTX 460 and 5850).
Asking for 4GB memories and not saying it's 64bits only (32bits Windows don't support 4GB of memories, you can install that much, but only 3.5GB is going to be used).

Well, the blog has been updated to fix a link and there are some responses from Bethesda there but the specs remain the same. It's no typo - they mean to say what they are saying.

That means one of us doesn't know what the Hades he's talking about.

Perhaps it is not compatible with XP, and perhaps you do need 4GB RAM. However, I highly doubt that the minimum card is more demanding than Metro2033 and Witcher 2.

It makes no sense that merely increasing the VRAM slightly and using the same card could provide enough performance increase to go from minimum to recommended for any game. VRAM doesn't really improve performance that much compared to using a faster graphics card.

An AMD 5850 will probably run the game on high or mostly high settings at 1920x1080. If so, why can't you use a weaker card to run the game on low settings?

Back
Top Bottom