GOP Corruption and Obstruction

The demise of the American auto industry started in the seventies. Does your experince go back that far?

And blaming regulation for a problem that Japanese automakers could solve doesn't ring true…
Let's do the math, shall we? I said 2 decades. 2 decades ago is 1991 (I got my first summer internship in 1990), right? That's not 1970.

But somehow, you think you have all the answers, so I'm curious if your experience in the automotive industry goes back 40 years. If we're really gonna measure penises here, whip it out and grab your magnifying glass, champ. If you've got the experience, I will graciously step aside and pull up a chair. Otherwise, kindly take a seat and save your comments for the end, as I wasn't actually responding to you anyway, but rather peko.

Take a look at the lineup of any Japanese company. They do not service the market for large passenger vehicles. Simply don't do it. Many Americans buy such products and the Big 3 supply them. Unfortunately, that damn physics stuff gets in the way and larger vehicles means more weight means lower mileage. It's much harder to hit an average of 30 when you throw in some 14's. I realize that's math and you've demonstrated some problems with basic subtraction, so perhaps Michael Moore can help you with that part of the lecture during the next break, eh. Get some facts and a little deeper understanding, or plant that bottom in your seat and let the adults talk.

Ok Mr. Vendetta.

I don't think that European governments fear their people anymore than the US does. Hell the US probably fears ours more because ours are armed.

Right. When was the last time there was a demonstration / strike in the US equivalent to France? It may be time, since Republicans aren't listening to the public...

Were not as whiny as they are. We're willing to work more than 35 hours a week and past 55.

Right. When was the last time there was a demonstration / strike in the US equivalent to France? It may be time, since Republicans aren't listening to the public…
Unfair comparison. The number of people on the public dole in social-democratic France far outnumber the people on the public dole in the US, even with Barack hiring 4100 new IRS goons. You'd have to look at percentages. Under that criteria, you'd have to go back to the last national UAW strike (plenty of local strikes over the years, but the last national walkout goes back to 1978 IIRC). When the teamsters took on UPS back in 97, that had a huge effect on the nation as well even though it only went a couple weeks.

Still no decisive statement on leftie death threats, I note...

Unfair comparison. The number of people on the public dole in social-democratic France far outnumber the people on the public dole in the US, even with Barack hiring 4100 new IRS goons. You'd have to look at percentages. Under that criteria, you'd have to go back to the last national UAW strike (plenty of local strikes over the years, but the last national walkout goes back to 1978 IIRC). When the teamsters took on UPS back in 97, that had a huge effect on the nation as well even though it only went a couple weeks.

Still no decisive statement on leftie death threats, I note…

hey, i said they were terrorists, stupid prole.

or that they are angry that their livelyhood is gunna get another downgrade whilst us elites (not you, dte, me) get even richer so they thought deaththreats were their only opition.

dunno lol. wat was da article again?

I don't feed trolls.

In Europe, the government fears the people. In the US, the people fear the government. That may be about to change.
I really don't think that's the difference in how we view our governments. I think the differences of views are rather big within Europe. In Sweden we take "by the people, for the people" quite seriously, we tend to view the government as an embodiment of our collective interests rather than some foreign body. I don't think that that view is as strong throughout Europe.

Still no decisive statement on leftie death threats, I note…
As a leftie I'll condemn those threats. Wrongful behaviour is wrongful behaviour regardless of where the political sympathies of the person who exhibits said behaviour.

As a leftie I'll condemn those threats. Wrongful behaviour is wrongful behaviour regardless of where the political sympathies of the person who exhibits said behaviour.
True enough. The real issue here is my pal Thrasher has spent countless posts condemning behavior of "the enemy" while never once in all those posts admitting that perhaps his side might be guilty of similar misbehavior as well, and has shown remarkable creativity in side-stepping or ignoring "difficult" situations. I freely admit that it's childish on my part, but (as you agree) there's really no way around this particular smoking gun so I think, just this once, I've got the eel stuck in a corner he can't slip away from and I shall hound him to the ends of the earth until he states clearly and unequivocally that his side did something indefensibly wrong. I honestly don't intend to gloat. I don't even plan on throwing it in his face more than once or twice a day ( ;) ), but I want it in black and white.

So, Thrasher, still waiting for your simple answer about whether death threats are acceptable political behavior.

DTE, I've already answered that question.
Actually, you have not. Your response was, "What do you think?"
Will you admit that righties are endemically paranoid, and selfish?
I think I need a little more detail to answer your question. First, you've got no evidence to back up your accusation, say something like a publicized death threat. Second, are we talking a global trait here, or a situational one? Third, do we all agree that just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you?

Actually, I have. But as usual, you weren't paying attention...

Really, no evidence? Tax cuts above all else, especially for the rich and corporations. Secondary importance being defense. Selfishness, and paranoia. QED.

Allow me to quote all your relevant responses, shall we.
There you go with more baseless false claims again. DTE, your strawman arguments are tiring.

What do you think? Are you so clueless after YEARS of discussion to not understand my point of view on death threats on politicians?

Really, DTE, yet another false accusations and strawman today. You're batting 0 for 3. Congratulations on being the biggest loser.

DTE, your need to refine your debating skills to not rely on false claims about your opponent… You may gain some credibility.

DTE, I've already answered that question.

Actually, I have. But as usual, you weren't paying attention…
Feel free to show me what I missed. Really, the second quote is the only one that even borders on an answer, and you will note that's the one I referenced a couple posts ago.

Really, no evidence? Tax cuts above all else, especially for the rich and corporations. Secondary importance being defense. Selfishness, and paranoia. QED.
What do tax cuts have to do with paranoia? Doesn't seem like evidence to me when the two concepts aren't even related. Too much medicinal marijuana today, perhaps?

See above….
That's not an answer. There's not a single hint of "I think ... " Come on, big boy, step and take a simple, clear stance for once.

Back
Top Bottom