Risen - Complete Dialogue Scene Video

Since I don't understand german it don't give me any information about dialogues.
About graphic... night looks like a night! It's finally dark!
Oh, and HDR fucks up NPC's look, they looks so shiny! Like in Oblivion. Hope I can turn it off.
Sounds/music are cool and atmospheric. Does anyone know about system requirements? Is this game going to be bugged and freezing on nearly every computer like G3 or are they going to finish the game before releasing it? (not like they finished G3 with patches). Damn, now I got interested by this game but Gothic 3 was complete failure so I'm still pessimistic.

Jasede posted translation on RPGCodex:
SUPER CODEX EXCLUSIVE TRANSLATION
by yours truly

Rogue Guard: Where is that bastard?
Hero: Uh, what?
Rogue Guard: That stupid cunt Clay has left me waiting here for hours now! It's that dick's turn to stand watch already!
Hero: So, uh, you are like a guard here?
Rogue Guard: Yeah, and I have been guarding way too long already! This moldy swamp earth is getting to my feet...
Hero: Well, where is this Clay-dude?
Rogue Guard: Beats me. Somewhere in the camp, staring into nothing lazily I bet. If he doesn't show up soon I'll bail.
Hero: What's there to guard here?
Rogue Guard: The Swamp Peasant, man. Without him things would be pretty grim here.
Hero: Well, but who'd want to steal something here?
Rogue Guard: I ain't worried about the people in the city; they stay away from here. But those damn beasties everywhere! If we weren't careful we'd get swarmed by boars and worse things.
Hero: So what do you mean by "things would be grim here?"
Rogue Guard: Dude, just look around you! Does this look like the paradise to you? No bar, no bitches, nothing - just stinking swamp. All we really have left here is boozing. Without the Swamp Peasant's beer there'd be nothing at all, got it?
Hero: Uh... can I learn something from you?
Rogue Guard: Pfff ambitious, huh? Used to be like that too. Well, apart from fighting there's a few nifty skills you should possess: sneaking, lockpicking and pick pocketing. I can teach you all those handy things.
Hero: Great! I'll go see about Clay.
Rogue Guard: Drag that guy here! I've had it with him, you know!

Since I don't understand german it don't give me any information about dialogues.

You're not missing that much. Obviously the guard is pretty pissed off about his replacement not showing up so we get to see (or hear rather) some of Risen's rough dialogue and language which -surprise ;) - is once again very reminiscent of the Gothic games.

Does anyone know about system requirements? Is this game going to be bugged and freezing on nearly every computer like G3 or are they going to finish the game before releasing it? (not like they finished G3 with patches). Damn, now I got interested by this game but Gothic 3 was complete failure so I'm still pessimistic.

The engine needs to run on Xbox 360 this time so there's little room for fucking around with it like they did with G3 ;) .

As for system reqs, I'd expect the "typical" cross platform configuration for the recommended specs, i.e. a 2.5+ GHz dual core CPU, 2048MB RAM and a GeForce 8800 (or ATI equivalent). I'm pretty sure I remember someone from PB actually explicitly mentioned a 8800 not too long ago.

Regarding the performance or bugginess of the engine, I think we're pretty safe this time. Hundreds of people played the actual game at the RPC and we've seen plenty of real (i.e. not pre-rendered) in-game videos by now. There didn't seem to be any major technical issues aside from some clipping and some awkward animations. If there would have been any issues on the level of G3 then I'm sure we'd have heard about it from the RPC hands-on reports or seen it ourselves in the videos or read it in one of the mags (like Gamestar).

Of course they could still screw up the combat system, the balancing, the AI and a lot of other stuff so let's not start feeling too safe now ;) ... but, seriously, if any of that should really happen to be broken then it should also be a lot easier to fix via patches than a broken foundation (engine).

Nighttime really looks dark and scary, and I already hated night with the other gothics for being so creepy :)

It does look a lot like Gothic 1 and 2, doesn't it? That's OK, I guess...

However, I liked Gothic 3 for the devs. guts to do something different, to not make the orcs as stupid as they are in other games; I also liked the fact that they put themselves on the line by making a bigger, more epic game than G1 and G2.

Back
Top Bottom