Drakensang - English Demo Available

Lag? Didn`t think about that. Yes, that's a highly subjective thing which can certainly be a problem for some people.

I had to adjust the camera sensitivity, but after that I had no problem most of the time.

Camera sensitivity is always a good idea.

I played through the demo with a ranger chick. I never found the tasty food parcel that one dude was looking for, but I think I finished everything else. I'd have to say that they disabled so much stuff in the demo, I have no idea whether I'll like the full game or not. It seemed like every skill I wanted to raise wasn't available to my ranger or was disabled in the demo. There were tons of herbs, wolf skins, etc to collect but nothing could be done with them except for selling. Drakensang might be a pretty good game but the demo probably didn't do the company any favors. They should have only limited the demo to crossing into Ferdok. They should have left all the skills, classes, and abilities open.

I didn't find that package either.

The food parcel is 1 m next to the main road, close to the two dudes with the apple tree. The opportunity to sell it is sort of a running gag. This stuff keeps getting more valuable throughout the game.

Thanks for the update, Gorath.

Did anyone play the mage character? I started out with him but found that the average spell took more than a round to fire. In the same amount of time, he could hit 3 times with his staff for far more damage....

I found the food parcel only after hints, too.

About the spells : Yes, spells need much longer. It's in the system - the rule-set.

Did anyone play the mage character? I started out with him but found that the average spell took more than a round to fire. In the same amount of time, he could hit 3 times with his staff for far more damage....
I played a battlemage. It was kind of interesting, although I'm not sure I would do it again. Most spells take longer than one round, and the mage can even be interrupted. There's a skill to become more resistent to this.
The number of rounds is only felt during battle. Preparatory spells before the battle happen much closer to real time. I found it pretty good that spells are not instant. Some of them are quite powerful. An instant combination of a strong healing spell (you can select the grade later) and a fireball (mass effect; later close to 50 HP on each enemy within range) would be unstoppable. Now you can only cast a fireball as an opener and maybe another one during battle, plus you have to consider friendly fire.

The combination of combat and magic becomes way more interesting later on, simply because the mage has access to a dozen support spells to enhance certain abilities, for example increase the damage (or was it chance to hit?) a character does with his bow. This complexity is of course largely invisible in the first half.

The main character choice is not that important. The pool of in-game party members to choose from represents the typical archetypes. They come with basic stats and an adequate amount of XP to form them. So generally speaking you can fill up every hole.

Just to chime in a bit here: The food parcel is found on the way out of town, just continue to go East. The thing here is to listen carefully to what the Merchant that's lost the parcel is saying to you.

Here's a little bonus hint for you:

"You can haggle with the Merchant to get more money for the food parcel; you can keep it for yourself, or you van even eat the food in the parcel...very post-modern, I find. (there isn't any correct way of doing things here)."

Having played the German demo, I like this game. As for combat, remember to hit the space bar button to pause the game. And raise your healing skills via the
skill points from time to time...

Back
Top Bottom