Morrowind MSGO 3.0 Issue

Rills

Sentinel
I have installed Morrowind GotY retail version in the correct order, plus patch, on Windows 7 64. Then I downloaded MSGO 3.0 and went through all the steps without hitch.

However, right at the Finish I go to Run MGE but I get the warning that the MGEXE.gui has stopped working. I tried it twice but the same thing happens.

The only step I did not take was installing DX 9.0C. My video card is a AMD Radeon 6950 and it is DX 11.

As I figure it the issue is caused by not installing the DX 9; there is a warning that if it is not installed crashes could occur.

Please pardon my ignorance but a) Does the the MGEXE.gui only function with DX9 and b) if I do in stall the DX9 does that interfer/block the native DX 11 of my video card when other games, etc. can utilize it or need it?

Thanks.

Installing DX9 will not affect your DX11 installation or any of your programs in a negative way. I'm not sure if that's what you need, but you might as well install it to see if it solves your issue.

So far so good. It definitely was the need to install the DirectX 9 version. The only crash I have received so far is after I saved and then exited out I got the warning that Morrowind has stopped working.

Thanks much guys.

Back
Top Bottom