The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Interview @ GameCyte

magerette

Hedgewitch
The official website for CDProjekt's The Witcher has posted a link to an interview at GameCyte with Maciej Szczesnik and Tom Ohle about the ins and outs of the soon to be released Enhanced Edition. The article also has some screenies and a couple of short before/after voiceovers.
GameCyte: How did the decision first come about? Whose decision was it? Was there any particular resistance to/enthusiasm for the idea on the part of either CD Projekt or its Western publishers?
Tom Ohle: Don’t get us wrong; we were very happy with The Witcher and were confident in the game we released. However, as Maciej said, we wanted to deliver the game that fans deserved. We were grateful for all of the feedback we got from fans and media (and horribly angry at the reduction in review scores brought about by the issues raised… the anger still builds up inside me sometimes, so bad I can hardly stand it!!!) …breathe, Tom, breathe.
Okay, so we had two options: just release a typical patch that would let us fix only a few of the issues, or whip a larger team together, spend some more money and make a lot of changes that would ultimately give us the best game possible. Our publishing partners have been very enthusiastic about the idea; rather than just churning out some “Game of the Year” edition, we’re giving them a much more polished product that will help us reach a lot of people who never played the original....
More information.

Very exciting stuff.

Although I must say I was rather underwhelmed by their before/after voice samples. I've never been one to be overly critical of poor voice acting though so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Yeah, me too, though the afters were a bit less dramatic and sounded a little more professional, there wasn't a huge difference. Screenshots were impressive, though. You can really see the mesh in the fishnet hose on that girl. ;)

I also wish they'd been a little more forthcoming about their next project.

All this is fine and all but when are we going to be able to actually order this
I wonder ?

I mean its rather strange that it is slated for a September release and there
is nothing about a preorder (in amazon i.e) yet...

Back
Top Bottom