Witcher Director's Cut worth buying?

The Witcher

johnny

Traveler
Hi guys, I'm just wondering, if the DC version is worth buying on Steam. Don't really know, if there's anything more than in 1.5. Any new features? No 30% off will make me buy the game I already have.

I believe it'll work just like the Enhanced Edition - you'll get whatever it offers for free in a patch, so absolutely no reason to buy it again.

If you already own the game then don't buy it but just update.

but it's uncensored, right? I guess it's the first version available specific for North America, but I'm still unsure, what does it mean...

It's just uncensored version of the game - something that was available for the world from release date but not for USA. They just uncensored USA version. But you don't have to buy game again if you want to see titties - you can just download a new patch.

Just finally got around to finishing the vanilla game. The hiatus makes me want to play some more.

Does the director's cut invalidate the enhanced edition? Does it include all the latest patches?

Noticing that the enhanced edition is a much bigger download, so...

The DC is exactly the same as the Euro version of the Enhanced Edition, including the patches. It's very odd if the download size is all that different.

Which version do you have now, the European or the American one? If it's the Euro one, just install EE. If it's the American one, I don't know.

US, but I'm installing everything from scratch because I accidentally installed the director's cut (on top of the base game) first. Now I have an English language pack which I think I need also, TWEE_English_language_pack.exe

Yeah, I think you have to install the Enhanced Edition stuff. Then you can install the Director's Cut and patch version 1.5. The order shouldn't matter for the last two.

Back
Top Bottom