M&M VII, party choice...

Yep, the spell was improved. Actually, I think the improvement was made in MM6, but I'd have to look it up to be sure. Makes it even tougher to walk away from using a sorc in your party, but that means other abilities have to be sacrificed.

Well, just a small update!

After wrestling with a couple video quirks, I have the game running flawlessly. Yay.

I created the aforementioned KTCS party, completed the tutorial, and afterward came to find my characters' voices fairly boring! So, I created a new party with the same classes but different voices... and after couple hours into the main storyline, I again got that itch to reroll - this time because I wasn't really liking how only half the party got magic and how it made (gameplay) choices so black & white. So, I rerolled AGAIN! This time as Archer Monk Cleric Sorcerer... with an even better layout of voices.

And I'm having a blast. Graphics be damned, there's just something about this style of game that's really fun. The wonderful soundtrack helps too.

There is actually a very good mod which improves the gameplay and gives more options that I recommend for a second playthrough.

Just curious.. what OS?

Also, is that the GOG version, and is it letterboxed?

Windows 7, 64bit. I ran into sound "popping" issues using software rendering, so I'm using hardware rendering. It is indeed the GoG version, patched with the Greyface patch.

As for resolutions, it only comes in one flavor: 640x480 :) You can either play in a window, have it stretched to fit your monitor, or maintain 4:3 aspect ratio by forcing it under your video card settings. Personally, I opted for the stretching… With how the game's interface is set up, the larger "view window" is welcome.

31573761.jpg
-VS-
34255801.jpg

Edit: ...that stretched image looks a lot worse than it feels!

Sounds fun!

I prefer to play it real time though, it's generally a lot faster. I also find it easier as kiting is rather easy.

Having abandoned my notion of starting up Morrowind (Skyrim is so boring! I just can't take anymore TES right now), I've been planning my return to the M&M series.

Probably close to 10 years back, I played through (most of) M&M VI; I want to try something entirely new, so I've been slowly trying to pick a party for my virgin run through M&M VII.

What do you guys think of:

Knight Thief Cleric Sorceror (strong but this just seems so mundane a makeup!)
Monk Thief Cleric Sorceror
Knight Monk Cleric Archer
(seems like it would be fun but I'm worried about no Lloyd's Beacon and only expert Disarm)

Well first of all Lloyd's Beacon is a waste of money and never used ! :p The Disarm part i agree with you.. atleast Master is needed.. Though you can "bug" the game and survive with 1-10 hp with 1 character when getting hit by a master trap chest with only expert disarm.. try switching the character who opens the chest and reload some times.. might help ;) ...

BUT! i like your monk class, it rox, though it isn't the easiest way to complete the game.. but having a Cleric and Knight as well is noobish (sry to say).. go for Monk, Archer, Druid and Paladin.. then you have little tank, lots of utilities and no GM Merchant or Shrap Metal.. Still the Archer gives you master fly and master invisibilty and Town Portal and the Druid can give you usefull permanent stats when GM Alchemy :p

And btw, Knight Thief, Cleric, Wizard isn't just strong.. it's the easiest way to complete the game, therefor the best team composition you can get :p

Back
Top Bottom