Fallout 3 - New Teaser Art

It better be based on the real world. And it better be based on the 50's-ish look of the original Fallout. If I want to play in the land of Frejordya as either the evil Quisnarts or the fair Yuogs there are a million titles to choose from.

They seem to be pretty pleased with the realism and actual stuff there - and did younotice that this stuff is actually really old, from before Oblivion shipped!

Oh wow, that is so-o-o kewl! Just standing in one spot, you'll be able to see landmarks from both coasts!

You know what that means? Continuous world, baby! We can run from coast to coast.

Bet once you level up athletics to 100 you'll be able to sprint NY to SF in under 5 minutes!!! Oh wow, this is gonna rock!

Oh wow, that is so-o-o kewl! Just standing in one spot, you'll be able to see landmarks from both coasts!

You know what that means? Continuous world, baby! We can run from coast to coast.

Bet once you level up athletics to 100 you'll be able to sprint NY to SF in under 5 minutes!!! Oh wow, this is gonna rock!

Happy to see that others are excited too. :)

Btw NY to SF is not "continuous world" unless you mean that "United States of America" equals "World". In that case you live in a small world but I guess its okay if thats what you want to think.

Happy to see that others are excited too. :)

Btw NY to SF is not "continuous world" unless you mean that "United States of America" equals "World". In that case you live in a small world but I guess its okay if thats what you want to think.

I'm pretty sure he was being slightly/very ironical. In my opinion this concept art/teaser art is very good. They have all been very beautiful, and unless something more tangible is known about Fallout 3, I don't see the point in these sarcastic remarks that pop up everytime there's a Fallout 3 newsbit.

Fallout 3 probably won't be what fans of the game want, but Bethesda should be given the benefit of doubt. Especially after these concept arts/teaser arts have been published.

He's speaking of the game "world" of Fallout, which as far as I know, has taken place entirely in the United States, and will in this next installment. Dont get me wrong, I know that you assume that your entirely political, preconcieved notions of American thinking are paramount to any actual meaning of what someone actually says.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he was being slightly/very ironical. In my opinion this concept art/teaser art is very good.

Of course he was, his sarcasm was very obvious unlike mine which noone seemd to pick. ;)

They have all been very beautiful, and unless something more tangible is known about Fallout 3, I don't see the point in these sarcastic remarks that pop up everytime there's a Fallout 3 newsbit.

On all sites I visit this thing seems to divide people. On most sites thers always som who mock fallout3/bethsoft and som who are tried of the tiredsom jokes/stupid complaints of the mockers. Once funny, twice or thrice not. *thumbs down*

Last edited:
Someday I may learn to use smileys, but that detracts from the sarcasm.

Though I won't be surprised if the Washington Monument takes the place of White Gold Tower and is visible from the entire gameworld. Otherwise you might get lost without a visual indicator of which way you're facing, unless there's a smiling, dancing Pipboy on screen to point the way.

Of course he was, his sarcasm was very obvious unlike mine which noone seemd to pick.

:) Well the sarcasm was very obvious, but often people have difficulties understanding sarcasm, though seldom on this board, but in your daily social activities you easily begin to doubt whether or not they've understood the sarcasm and they become the common demoninator instead, because it is better to presume that one haven't understood the sarcasm, than that one have. It clears misunderstandings.

Though I won't be surprised if the Washington Monument takes the place of White Gold Tower and is visible from the entire gameworld. Otherwise you might get lost without a visual indicator of which way you're facing, unless there's a smiling, dancing Pipboy on screen to point the way.

When seeing these teaser art pictures they create some images in my mind that are worth an epic movie. They are really strong and just filled with prospects for Fallout 3.
But when comparing these images in my mind with Oblivion it quickly becomes frightening instead. How can this very recent game from Bethesda reflect these images. How can something this great be emulated by their game designers that created the bastard of Oblivion.

But wait the last 13 days before passing judgement. At least I'll do.

Last edited:
We obviously need to get a 'sarcasm' emoticon!! :)

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: We have one, but it just doesn't seem quite sarcastic enough.

OnT: Art actually looks pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom