Legend of Grimrock - Dungeon Crafting

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Grimrock blog has a new entry on crafting dungeons, along with some nice art to illustrate:
Let’s talk a bit about designing and concepting our tunnels. Before we had fully planned our little project I started thinking what it would look like. At that point I only knew that we were going to do some darkish fantasy dungeon crawling game. All the options were still hanging in the air. Was it going to be some kind of open world game or tunnel runner? Is it in 3rd person or 1st person? What about the movement? Does player play single character or a group?
More information.

I always have a hard time believing in artists who try to develop games. You need a very practical mindset to complete a game, and that's generally not a strength for artists. Once I see some real screenshots of UI, skill systems, etc, I'll get excited. Until then, our games database is absolutely crammed with canceled projects.

I hope this guy proves me wrong, but I'm skeptical :)

Well, there's four of them and they got an office and one of the four is a programmer at least.

What I'm not getting is how these images fit the square grid style. Maybe still cutscenes?

Looks FANTASTIC. Didn't know about this one till now! Looks awesome. Couple of those are great but I much prefer the screenshots on the homepage and also this concept art. OMG I hope this comes to fruition.

Back
Top Bottom