Medi-Eval Quest

Junes

Watcher
Hi guys, i'm currently undergoing making a new RPG title named Medi-Evil Quest i'm basing it off a few games that have had great influence in playing these type of games during my childhood the two that are influencing how i make the game play out are the Final Fantasy series and Golden Sun series implementing my own system and dialogue of course, if any one is interested in becoming an Alpha and Beta tester pm me i already have a very SHORT version to give you a quick basic idea roughly about 30 minutes worth of gameplay, i hope to have this project completed by some time in November with 19+ hours worth of game play but this will probably be increased with some unique features i intend to add into it.

All Alpha and Beta testers will get a free copy of the game and if all goes well i shall go on to creating a 3d sequel to the game, currently i am the only one designing the game but i welcome people to help me with the plot and dialogue, so far i have spent about 25 hours on this project which seems alot for such little gameplay but as i currently have no help in even playtesting the game it's a vigorous process ironing out any bugs as i have to try and find them myself so far it is very well polished and as far as i can tell i have gotten rid of all the bugs that could be found.

Keep an eye out as i will post a video soon when i have an hours worth of gameplay hopefully the design will bring back your childhood memories while bringing a new aspect of life to this type of game.

I welcome any questions as i have left it pretty vague but i don't want to write my heart out with no response because it is so early on in the development.

hp08.png

Regards Junes

Thanks dude, i will always been fascinated with coding since a very early age so even if the game is a flop just to get it to the alpha stage i'm more than happy with just hope that other people will enjoy the game as much as i have polishing off the bugs ;P admittedly as frustrating as it has been sorting out simple errors it has certainly kept me occupied and have had such a satisfaction afterwards having it run smoothly lol. I'll try to keep you updated personally as well as anyone else that wishes to be ofc i'll also be updating the thread as i go along and i should have the video footage up and running by tomorrow evening.

Regards Junes

Hello Junes do you have a website or any other information to share about your game? I can post about the video to bring attention to your game if you want also.

Hello Junes do you have a website or any other information to share about your game? I can post about the video to bring attention to your game if you want also.

Hi Couchpotato nice to meet you, at this moment in time I do not as a one man band I am currently focusing all my efforts into the game and gametesting to ensure everything is running smoothly, that would be much appreciated as I am struggling to find the relevant areas to bring attention to it since it is so early on in the project haha.

As for some more information about the game, it's of course set in the Medieval times but with a twist when you first get into the game the first hour of gameplay is mainly dialogue with a few battle sequences to help users get a grasp and feel of the game (of course the players can roam about freely still) the character you mainly play as has lost all his memory what-so-ever and has quite a lot of what seems to be flash-backs and somewhat lucid dreams, where it appears he is further on into the future so some area's seem quite de-ja-vu like, as the players progress they eventually get to name the player just before the end of the "tutorial" part of the game shall we say and as the game gets further in the players can customise the characters to how they see fit, when they reach specific levels they can take on a secondary class and while this has been done before some of the features i intend to include are being able to "forget" temporarily certain skills they think are not quite as helpful as others from different classes providing they have met the criteria this is aimed mainly at when the player is roaming in a solo party which will happen quite a bit throughout the game i should mention that this happens mainly outside of the story line when the players like to go off and freeroam and explore. whether this will be a viable option for the polished feel of the game is what i'm relying on the feedback from the alpha and beta testers.

Of course this doesn't even scratch the surface of the story of the game or anything a-like but i don't want to set anything in stone as it's so early on and things are continuously changing.

Regards Junes

*EDIT*
Just a quick update for you guys, I have currently finished the tutorial section of the game and there is now about 50 minutes worth of gameplay I still have to gametest this now so fingers crossed that there are no bugs that present it self as i have added quite a bit to do around the surrounding area not just dialogue along with map design etc etc. A video will be made possibly tonight and uploaded if made, at the very latest it shall be on here by tomorrow night.

Another quick update just found several bugs I have managed to clear all but one i'm still on track however unsure whether a video will be in the works for tonight I shall keep you all posted, I should also clarify just in case there is some confusion because I basing the game of my childhood favourite series as previously mentioned this will not be a graphically intensive game to begin with if the game is successful due to its plot and initiative play style then I shall move on to making it's sequel into a 3d game.

Last edited:
Hey guys just a quick update.. progress has been slow as I have managed to get food poisoning.... I have finally fixed the last bug that I was struggling with on friday and I have started finalising the design to the first small village within the "tutorial" area of the game. A video should be up by the end of the day if i'm feeling up to it.

Just a heads up guys i'm still feeling pretty awful but i'm not happy that i haven't been able to make any progress recently so i'm going to man up and put in some more hours developing the game today, i can't see myself sorting the video out tonight so for the time being i'll do some screen shots very shortly.

Ok the screenshots are purely just the current maps that i have made, the video will contain the dialogue and battle sequences. There are also 3 maps I have not included but this gives a jist of what the area will first look like.
gh50.jpg

yrzc.jpg

t6kc.jpg

bdnn.jpg

zwi8.jpg

uj5r.jpg

8s7m.jpg

5ff6.jpg

97nv.jpg

dfc8.jpg

gb4q.jpg

4ltg.jpg

vtb6.jpg

Looks good, I am also a one man army for my game, The Guardians Quest and do the same thing to entice people to playtest, offer a free copy of the finished product. Do you have a website with a forum for updates and feedback, that can be very helpful.

williamian
FireCatGames.x10.mx

Not just yet when I have a bit of free time to do so that's the plan of action but for the time being until i get to the alpha release im focusing purely on the development of the game.

Sorry for the lack of activity guys it turns out i had a seriously bad bug but i'm very slowly on the mend now i have just been working on some skills for the game and content i have added more to the mining maps and it is now fully functional when the player has a pickaxe, i have included smithing functionality which seems to be working very well with no bugs to report i have added a quest bulletin board type style to the town hall where players can accept additional quests, varying from lower tier to middle tier and also a wanted list where with a bounty hunter license the player can search the outlands for the wanted persons for a large reward. as far as the video goes im still not fully 100% well so that has still been postponed but i'll keep you guys up to date.

Last edited:
I would look into parallax mapping. There are many online tutorials available and they allow for much more flexible and interesting maps.

I'm using a mixture at this moment in time where some maps use parallax mapping.

So a quick update for you guys, i've given a couple of people a pre-pre-alpha quick demo, direct quotes from them on skype:

250t.png

1gfp.png

Obviously i could just of made people say this so i shall let people be the judges of it if you wish to take part in a pre-pre-alpha short testing let me know

Oh yea i'll post a video of some gameplay footage shortly for you guys, im feeling much better now so i can continue to do things, oh also in the screenshot with Nathan i forgot to add the other bit to what was said basically i was going to fix the issue about having a guide completely forgetting that the dialogue on how to do this was already in there, i just picked out some examples of some slight issues that have been brought to my attention and i have addressed them apart from the dialogue as that was already there and the other "issue" was that some of the houses were to big and looked empty/had repeatedly the same items these are just visual placemarkers for me in effect when it comes to the Alpha stage these will be replaced with proper backrounds/items etc so its not really an issue as such just one that he thought may of been.

Last edited:
Hey guys i've not gotten around to making a video for the game yet however if you want to give the 1 hour demo a try you can get it from:
need to reupload

sorry if this is not allowed, remove the link if it isnt

feel free to leave feedback/bugs etc that you find if you want to add my on skype or another im service pm me

Last edited:
bugger i thought it was Medieval rather than Medievil I had played the first one a few times on the ps1 but really didn't remember that it was called Medievil haha oh well no bother i'll just change the name of mine to Medi-Eval Quest instead no issue, thanks for giving me the heads up.

Last edited:
Here you go guys an updated link to play the demo:
I'm aware that the size of the game is pretty big for a 1 hour game demo however it contains all files that i shall be using throughout the game so when it gets updated you will just have to replace the data folder when more content has been added to play.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9qg8g4ulgmbn49/Medi-Evil Quest.exe

Just a quick update for you guys, it's under construction (and only just bought so may not be available to most just yet) but i have got a site set up now see keep an eye out as updates will be put there first and then here so if you wish to keep track of the latest demo, content and information visit:

Morex-Gaming.co.uk for updates on Medi-Eval Quest

Back
Top Bottom