Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition for Mac OS X Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Beamdog has announced Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition for Mac OS X:
Announcing Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ for Mac OS X
Overhaul Games is proud to announce Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ for Mac OS X.
Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer role-playing games ever since.
More of the greatest role-playing game of all time for your Mac
The Enhanced Edition will include a variety of Mac OS X specific features, including widescreen and iCloud support.
Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ runs on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine. It includes the entire Baldur’s Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure and a new party member.
There are photos on the site but it's hard to know if these are representative or just mockups.
More information.

Not that I have an iDevice or a Mac, but it would be interesting if they have iCloud support for save games ACROSS devices. I know some people with a Mac and an iPad and syncing saves between the two would be a nice feature.

There really isn't much reason to save to the cloud without being able to play across platforms.

There is a reason, which is backup. If you delete an app, your saved games will also be gone. With iCloud support, they'll still be there. But I agree, across device save games is the most important use of iCloud saving.

There is a reason, which is backup. If you delete an app, your saved games will also be gone. With iCloud support, they'll still be there. But I agree, across device save games is the most important use of iCloud saving.

That may be true of iOS devices, but deleting a game from a Mac does not take the saves with it. If they're going to the trouble of adding cloud support to the Mac version, I have to believe that cross-platform saving is the reason.

That may be true of iOS devices, but deleting a game from a Mac does not take the saves with it. If they're going to the trouble of adding cloud support to the Mac version, I have to believe that cross-platform saving is the reason.

Well, some Steam games also save to the cloud (e.g. Skyrim). This saved me when my hard drive crashed last week, so cloud saving is appreciated nonetheless.

This was fairly obvious considering the already announced iPad version.

Image.ashx

That's not mine!

(Though, I doubt any "Reflect" could be sorcery - but we don't talk about that here!)

Back
Top Bottom