Two Worlds II - Trailer @ Rock, Paper, Shotgun

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
There is footage of Two Worlds 2 up at RPS. All they had to say about the trailer was that it made them laugh. I'm inclined to agree. Everything was fine up until the combat scene. It seemed a little odd to me.
More information.

This trailer was really, really gay. They take cheesiness to a whole new level.

I'm probably buying it though, loved the first game.

... I love it when people use the word 'gay' and assume it is saying something about anyone or anything other than themselves ...

I dunno about that txa, all the younger kids use it to describe something they think is lame without much hate. "fag" on the other hand is more often than not used in hate unless it happens to be a gay person referencing another gay person.

I dotn see how that little video disagrees with me. As i said, the word "fag" is usually said in hate.

Also i think this video was deliberately made as terrible as possible. Ie they were going for the so bad its good effect.

Dude….. it's just a little bit of comedy. It's not like I was trying to make some kind of statement.

Oh sorry, i am in a bit of a mood. Spending 7 hours on Gax Kang on nightmare will do that to ya.

It doesn't look bad although we will still have to watch all those stupid gigantic pauldrons and no sense iron spikes on armour .
It is just a cinematic but no wounds and no decapitation ?
The graphics do look 21th century tho (unlike it's predecessor)

I dunno about that txa, all the younger kids use it to describe something they think is lame without much hate.

Yes, I hear some of my kids' friends using it ... but my assumption would be that most folks here are out of middle school (i.e. older than ~13). If not, I apologize.

I think the fight scene is so lame it passed right over good because it's lame and is lame again. Funny, though ;p

Also, I think the graphics have nothing to do with the game engine. Heh - and I hope they hire someone who knows something about sword fights for the fighting animations, like they did for The Witcher. I fear I would never manage a fight in this game without falling into a laughing fit if the in-game animations are in any way similar to this cinematic.

Apropos gay: what the heck are they doing?

ahem.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't look bad although we will still have to watch all those stupid gigantic pauldrons and no sense iron spikes on armour .
It is just a cinematic but no wounds and no decapitation ?
The graphics do look 21th century tho (unlike it's predecessor)

You mean like they are described in century old folklore, like say Lambton's spiked Amour that is mentioned in the legend of the Lambton Worm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambton_Worm

Don't tell people in the Tyne & Wear area. They will be p*ssed off.

You mean like they are described in century old folklore, like say Lambton's spiked Amour that is mentioned in the legend of the Lambton Worm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambton_Worm

Don't tell people in the Tyne & Wear area. They will be p*ssed off.

What this armour has in common with the one in the video?

I think this is a very common mistake model creators are making , everything shall look like it is designed for a specific purpose not only for eye candy.
Those long spikes in the back look as useful as jets on spaceships .

Those spikes are made specifically to absorb lightning bolt attacks. The lightning will swerve from the character and discharge harmlessly into the spikes. It also powers up combos immediately without waiting for a cool down period. :D

… I love it when people use the word 'gay' and assume it is saying something about anyone or anything other than themselves …

Yeah i should have used FAG instead of gay. im sorry :D

(i watch too much SP...)

I think it's queer anyone would get bent out of shape over the use of "gay" as an adjective for deficient. Protestors may believe they're sticking their fingers in the metaphorical dyke of decency, but, frankly, they're away with the fairies.

Anyway, Two Worlds 2: I used to follow the development news on this, but all they ever talked about was their five hundred billion pixel-pipeline-vertex-shaders. The first game was a reasonably enjoyable ARPG romp with lots of room for improvement. Since I haven't seen anything from Reality Pump which indicates improvement I fear the sequel will be a missed opportunity.

I think it's queer anyone would get bent out of shape over the use of "gay" as an adjective for deficient.

I'm not bent out of shape at all - just stating that to many, many people that usage will cause you immediately to be characterized as immature. It isn't hard to choose a word that doesn't reflect poorly upon yourself. Just saying ...

Back
Top Bottom