Two Worlds - Now Available in NA

Does anyone know what version the US demo is or how to check? Just curious if it's 1.5.

Not impressed at all with this game so far, The landscape is nice and the music is adequate, but that's about it. It's nice to get a bug-free CRPG nowadays, but this game really lacks the atmosphere of a Gothic or Elder Scrolls game imho.

And the combat......OMG, it's Diablo with a 3D camera!

Last edited:
They just released SDK development kit:

SDK - Software Development Kit released

Today we can announce the release of the anticipated Modkit. The SDK contains various tools to modify Two Worlds (PC) and its content. The SDK will be exclusively hosted and supported by Inside Two Worlds.

Inside Two Worlds is the oldest and biggest site dedicated to Two Worlds. We are hosting already several modifications. We are now offering first class support directly from the developers of the game. Also, we are collecting all informations regarding the engine into our SDK Wiki - you are invited to participate. Currently we are searching for people that can write Tutorials.

You can request unlimited ftp-webspace, a subdomain, dedicated galleries and your own managed forum - all for FREE. Additionally, all your modifications hosted on Inside Two Worlds will be available for automatic install/update via Two Worlds Control Panel.

To download the SDK you have to register and apply for the status as modifications developer.

Related links:

* Download the SDK (Tools and Maya examples)
* More details about the included tools and documents
* Development Wiki
* Developers Corner - Ask the devs

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=29369

Heres the contents:
There will be no official support for the SDK, due to its complexity. Fortunately, the devs promised to help out in the dedicated SDK forums here on Inside Two Worlds.

The SDK will consist of these tools:
Map Editor - Editor for maps. Additionally, the devs included related scripts and commands, which they used to create maps

Quest Editor - Editor for quests and language files

Underground Editor - Editor for dungeons

ParticleEdit - Change effects

Game interface definition files - Change Interface. Requires Microsoft Excel

Models - Plugin for Maya with example data. Requires Autodesk Maya 7.0 or 8.5

Parameters - Change all parameters. Requires Microsoft Excel

EarthC - EarthC development environment incl. basic documentation, command line compiler, debugging environment and C preprocessor.

Scripts - Sourcecode for all game scripts

WDCreator - Create .WD Archives (command line)

See our SDK Gallery for how the Tools look like:
http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/galle...mages.php?c=24

Not a Part of the SDK, but will make creating mods easier:
TreeGen - Creating truly realistic trees and plants in 3D

Beside the official SDK, there are tools which fits into the SDK. Inside Operations released them already:
WDPackager 2.0 - Compress/Uncompress .WD Archives (GUI)
LangEdit 2.0 - Edit .LAN Languages files (GUI)

Looks very promising for mods!

Last edited:
I only hope it can make a difference ... when the coverage and 'mind share' at a major RPG place is about 10:1 in favor of a FPS over your game ... it isn't so good ;)

That said, I'm very much enjoying it - it isn't 'great', but I'm having a good enough time so far.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. And JDR13 is right; it's Diablo with a 3d camera. It's basically a first person Diablo. Personally, I liked Diablo 1 and 2. It's fun sifting through all of the loot, and its a game in and of itself trying to figure out what's best for your character, and what to sell. It's easy to get around with the teleporters. I also like the fact that the game pauses if you access your inventory during combat to use a potion, change weapons, armor, etc. Load times are almost instantaneous, it looks pretty good, not great, but nice. The more I play this game, the more I like it.

I think this game is a blast and I have been having a lot of fun with the Mp as well. From reading the posts at the oficial site it looks like the xbox version is not as good or maybe the machine can't handle the game. I think it needs 1 more patch for the multiplayer and to me it seems like this is the game I wished Dungeon Lords had been

Add me to the list of people enjoying this. It isn't great, but it is decent. I'm still looking for a female outside of my nearly-naked sister Gothgirl. Do girls not exist in Poland? What a sad country it must be :D

Add me to the list of people enjoying this. It isn't great, but it is decent. I'm still looking for a female outside of my nearly-naked sister Gothgirl. Do girls not exist in Poland? What a sad country it must be :D

We just dont want to advertise our beautifull women because it would only cause more competition for us :).

Back
Top Bottom