What games are you playing now?

Mmmm, Severance has been on my backlog for years along with Dark Souls. Which would you recommend first on PC?

Both are excellent - the focus in Blade of Darkness is on combat, while Dark Souls has deeper character customisation, deep lore and a very large expansive and connected world. Dark Souls requires a large investment in time and effort (not to mention focus).

For me, I would start with Blade of Darkness and recommend to start with the Knight. This game is slightly easier than Dark Souls since you can save anywhere, does not have respawns, and keyboard controls are less and easier to use. But still requires fast reactions to enemy attacks, and getting used to keyboard and mouse (e.g. It took me a while to getting use to the fact that you can only strafe when you lock on enemies, but not during normal movement).

You will need patience for the first few hours with both games to get used to the controls, and prepare to die a lot in both (probably less in Blade of Darkness).

I believe it a real save system, as well.

Yes, a proper 'old days' save system.

I also forgot to mention that the enemies are smart in Blade of Darkness, they use shields to block, use weapon combos, they retreat and drink health potions when injured, they switch weapons (bow and arrow for long range to melee weapons for close range).

I also forgot to mention about the physics - amazing, just ahead of its generation. Try to break a box and see the pieces rotate around their long axis before dropping. The game also has a very good degree of world interaction: breaking walls and objects, holding and throwing weapons and objects.. etc. I just can't believe that this game was released in 2000!

You can see gameplay on youtube where experienced players can disarm enemies (i.e. chop of their limbs) and decapitate them.

Love it, replayed earlier this year again! Nothing like a game where you can decapitate one enemy and use the head to beat the next enemy to death!

You guys are saying BoD is easier than Dark Souls? :thinking:

Hmm I think it might be the other way arround for people having some problem with their hand eye coordination…

Then again I am comparing a game I played so many years ago with one I am playing now… Also good point about the saves (Although honestly the only place that lack of saves really adds to the difficulty is Sen's in Darks souls, imo)…

Anyways, I though to replay it at some point but with DS and DS2 around the corner it is unlikely I'll make time for a straight action game (never really my thing generally speaking) no matter how good.

Still people into action games/ action RPGs should give it a try at least imo. Great for its time and extremely underrated/overlooked.

Imo there's a bit of exaggeration going on about how great BoD is. I tried playing the GOG version last year, and it has definitely aged. It's still a decent game, but the animation (which was never great to begin with) looks terrible by today's standards.

I'm currently playing a cool little indie puzzler called Papo & Yo.

We'll here is a YouTube. Looks fine to me on my iPhone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DdLX6Ibdnyc

Anyone expecting AAA 2013 animations is obviously going to be disappointed.

But my interest is in the gameplay not the graphics.

Thanks for the video. This level is one of the relatively easy ones, the one before (Forge of Xshathra) is just a nightmare coming true (literally).

The guy playing is using the knight after finding the heavy armour, but he/she is just spamming special moves and is not using the best weapon (he is using he elf sword). Each level is not linear and there are exploration parts that normally reward excellent weapons (e.g. double sided sword, fire or ice swords).

Having a hard time settling on what I want to play right now. I've been messing around with Skyrim a bit as well as Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut. I also just started playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.

Deadly Premonition seems interesting, but unfortunately I'm encountering some bugs that are making the gameplay a chore at times. I might shelf it for now and hope for another patch.

Last edited:
Having a hard time settling on what I want to play right now. I've been messing around with Skyrim a bit as well as Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut. I also just started playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.

Deadly Premonition seems interesting, but unfortunately it has some nasty bugs that are making the gameplay somewhat of a chore. I might shelf it for now and hope for another patch.

Have you tried the X-Com expansion? It's not bad if you feel like replaying the game.

Have you tried the X-Com expansion? It's not bad if you feel like replaying the game.

I'm definitely looking forward to replaying XCOM with the EW expansion. I'm going to wait a bit longer though because my first playthrough is still very fresh in my mind, and I'm not much in the mood for Sci-fi right now.

For now I think I'll nibble on Fallen Enchantress some more and see if it hooks me.

at my parent's for the holidays so playing (and browsing) with my Android tablet. Been playing Clash of Heroes which is quite fun.

I've finished the main plot of Arkham Origins. It was alright, but not in the same league as the other games. It's buggy, somehow broke controls that had worked well for two games, and had some terribly designed boss battles, but still worth a play. However, I never, ever, want to see Bane in another game. In fact, I never want to see Bane again, period.

Now I'm dabbling in a few smaller games - Spelunky, Knock Knock, and DuckTales Remastered - and playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes, which is the same old formula of silly fun.

I'm still on bug-o-rama. Yea, the one crpgnut broke a record of cca 1000 hours without pause! :evilgrin:

I'm not totally pissed off but came very close to it. Currently "hunting" shouts and got these arsekicks from Bethesda yesterday:
- Arngeir gives Arcwind Point as the location of a Word of Power, finding the word wall and learning the word did not complete the "Find the Word of Power in Arcwind Point" miscellaneous quest objective which breaks the whole thing as you can't receive more wall locations (solution on PC is cheat: SetStage FreeFormHighHrothgarA 20).
- I have three Drain Vitality shouts on the list. No, it's not a feature, checked it up, I should have only one. Searching for a cheat to remove those two bugged entries.
- A Cornered Rat MAIN QUEST is still broken - Esbern won't open the door! I thought they've at least fixed gamebreaker bugs in two years! Yes I know how to fix it as I've did it in the first game release (BSA unpacker and unpack a certain ingame file into game data folder), but this is unbloodybelievable.

When I start my business I know how to make millions. Make an eyecandy game, get goty recognition and don't fix bugs but instead invest into MMO grinder. Okay, at least they didn't go phonegames like EA and Ubi. Yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom