from the makers of Knights of Honor --- Woldshift!

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq
I don't usually get too excited about upcoming rts's but this one has me salivating. I finally got a hold of knights of honor earlier this year and it was fantastic. The art direction in this game looks like it could give Starcraft 2 some competition depending on release dates.
http://www.worldshift-game.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Knights Of Honour is a fantastic game, one of my absolute favourites and probably the closest to my perfect strategy game as I have yet to see. While being an RTS, it plays more like a turn-based game, and more RTS's should take notes from what KoH did.
That said, Worldshift doesn't really interest me at all. It looks more like a typical RTS than KoH was, and I really hate that standard RTS format.
What worked in KoH was the grand scale empire management, the politics and diplomacy, and the slow pace (the addition of a speed slider was genius). These things made the game really enjoyable. Worldshift appears to be moving in the fast-paced direction, which is a big turn-off.
I hope it does well for Black Sea, though. They seem to be a pretty inventive and creative developer. And perhaps they could fund a Knights Of Honour 2 ;)

Back
Top Bottom