Ultima 6 Project - Milestone 6 Patch Released

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Team Archon has just released an easy to use patch for their Milestone 6 release. Here's the official Press Release:

Press Release – May 2009 – Patch Available for M6
For more information please contact:
Jesse “Zephyr” Strachman
zephyr@projectbritannia.com
Co-Producer, The U6 Project
zephyr@projectbritannia.com
http://www.u6project.com
Author: Zephyr

Ultima 6 Project Update – Patch Available for M6
It's been brought to our attention that there is a bug present in the M6 Milestone that makes the game unplayable at a certain point in the plot. We have posted a patch for this here:
http://www.u6project.com/download/m6patch/u6p_npc.dsres
Just copy this file into your Resources folder of the U6 installation (…\U6Project\resources\). You will not have to restart your game.
If you have not encountered this problem, then you don't need the patch. I can't tell you what the problem IS because that would be a spoiler. :) Sorry!

About The U6 Project
The Ultima 6 Project was formed in 2001 by Sliding Dragon to develop a remake of Origin's Ultima VI: The False Prophet with newer graphics and a more immersive engine. Soon assembled under the banner Archon, the team members, who hail from all over the globe, have set about recreating the world of Britannia, adding an enhanced storyline to bolster intraseries continuity and building on the Ultima legacy in a way that will please fans new and old.

More information.

I'm so very tempted to download this but I want to hold of for the final version. Does anyone know about how much longer it will be until the final 'fnished' release?

Yes, we are aiming to complete everything before the end of this year. Most of the content is either finished, or nearly so. There is a lot of polishing, bug fixing and general tweaking yet to do, and tons of portrait art has not been done due to our lack of artists, but we're very hopeful we'll meet our deadline!!

I hope this is as good as U5 Lazarus. :)

Isn't Britannia larger actually in U6 Project?

As much as I'd like to like this project (and believe me, I tried, even borrowed Dungeon Siege from a friend's friend just to try Lazarus), I just can't get past the graphics and the general "blandness" of the world. So, tell me, what does this project offer to someone who hasn't played Ultima before? Because, so far, it just seems aimed at nostalgic players of yore.

U6P is larger than Laz and as good if not better. If you can't get past the graphics of the DS engine, then go play Oblivion or some similar slop!! The Ultima series has some of the best gameplay and characters and complex plots, etc of any games ever made. These are GREAT games and the graphics are quite acceptable. Don't forget, this is a FREE release made totally by volunteers!!

Back
Top Bottom