Good Old Games - Holiday Christmas Sale @ gog.com

aries100

SasqWatch
2009 has been an astounding positive year for www.gog.com so they are having a Christmas sale where you can save from 25-40% of nearly allegames in their catalogue. RPGs included in this sale are classics such as Realms of Arkania 1-3, Jagged Alliance 2, Gothic 1-2, Divine Divinity, Fallout and many more. This is their way of saying thanks to the community that made 2009 a great year Good Old Games. Thanks also goes to Deadlyus who writes in with the info :)
For good measure, here's the full press release:
GOG.com Discounts More than 170 Classic Games in Holiday Sale DRM-Free Digital Distribution Outlet Celebrates the Season with Great Deals on Games like Fallout, Duke Nukem 3D, Beyond Good & Evil and Many More
Warsaw, Poland - December 21 - Still busy giving away the Tex Murphy 1+2 bundle for free to every registered user, GOG.com (http://www.gog.com) is continuing its seasonal celebration with the launch of a bargain-filled Holiday Sale.
From today until January 3, GOG.com offers up to 40% off nearly every game in its catalogue. Among 171 discounted titles gamers will find Fallout, Duke Nukem 3D and Freespace 2 for $3.98 each, Beyond Good & EvilTM and Heroes of Might and Magic® 3 for $7.49, Jagged Alliance 2 and Sacred Gold for $5.99 and many, many more. The full list of games with discounts, along with recommendations from the GOG.com team, can be found on the promo page found at http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas09.
"2009 has been an amazing year for GOG.com, during which we've expanded our catalogue to more than 170 games and brought in lots of new users from around the world," said Adam Oldakowski, Managing Director of GOG.com.
"This Holiday Sale - along with the free Tex Murphy 1+2 giveaway that's still going until December 24 - is a way for us to give back to the loyal fans that have made our site such a success. It's a great opportunity for them to grab the games they have on their wish-lists and to clear their gaming backlog in advance of 2010, when we'll have lots of amazing announcements that will further cement GOG.com's position as the best place to get classic PC games."The Holiday Sale is on until Sunday, January 3 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, and includes all games from GOG.com catalogue excluding those released in December. Discounts vary from 25% up to 40% off for a game.
More information.

I love GoG. This is the kind of service I want to support. DRM free, low prices and download as many times as I want.

I got Sacrifice cause it's a great game and Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Second Sight because I've always wanted to try them and have never had the chance.

I am going to buy Stonekeep and Gothic 2 Gold. I love gog and their treatment to their customers. I hope we will see more classic RPGs in their catalogs in the future.

holy shiite, they have the Redneck Rampage collection. That was literally the first game I bought on PC. They even have the "cuss pack" for it!

I missed the Might and Magic Special this weekend, HOMM 2 at 40% off completes my M&M set. With all the other goodies on sale I'll get Psychonauts and rebuy Divine Divinity to get a non DRM Version.

Shaf

Is Divine Divinity at GoG the new improved version?

Yes, it is the new version with higher resolutions, but unfortunately there are some aggravating bugs in it. Apparently you can finish the game, but there are several quests that cannot be completed due to crashes to desktop and some areas where you have to do a lot of jumping through hoops in order to complete them.

According to some of the Larian reps there is a patch in the works, but no estimate on when it will be finished.

Yes, it is the new version with higher resolutions, but unfortunately there are some aggravating bugs in it. Apparently you can finish the game, but there are several quests that cannot be completed due to crashes to desktop and some areas where you have to do a lot of jumping through hoops in order to complete them.

According to some of the Larian reps there is a patch in the works, but no estimate on when it will be finished.

That's too bad. I was thinking of downloading it from GoG because I want to play it soon, but maybe I'd be better off just playing my retail box version?

There is a ton of stuff on sale! Cool ... have to round out my already big GoG collection!

That's too bad. I was thinking of downloading it from GoG because I want to play it soon, but maybe I'd be better off just playing my retail box version?

If you have the retail version then that's the safest way to go if you want to play soon.

I managed to play the new version up to the Stormfist Castle scenario by having multiple savegames and reloading if I encountered anything weird, but then the quest bugs and the spinning NPCs finally started to creep on me. I decided to wait for a patch and play something else rather than finishing the game by avoiding many of the side quests.

I was also interested in the "cuss pack", but frankly, after a few hours I reinstalled the game without it. It made the experience really vulgar and primitive, at least that was my impression. Without it the game is just absurd and weirdly funny sometimes. "Gitoff my laand" shouted by skinny old coots is in no way improved by turning it into "GittheF*** off my laand!". I was hoping for something more inventive.

But the audio soundtrack for this game is simply hilarious :D
holy shiite, they have the Redneck Rampage collection. That was literally the first game I bought on PC. They even have the "cuss pack" for it!

yeah, it's like if Beavis & Butthead cussed - taking all the fun out of their idiotic token phrases.

I went ahead and got Redneck Rampage & Lords of Magic for a whopping total of $8 n change, should be fun to see if theyre still.. well, fun. I own them both on cd already, but it's worth it to have them all pre-patched and ready to go on xp for what i'd spend on lunch. That's way cool.

They also have Sanitarium, which is kinda a hard one to get your hands on. It's an expensive one @ $7 something, I'll wait on that one.

edit, again -

Just sayin, probably preaching mostly to the choir here- if you havent used GOG before, youre missing out. I'm totally impressed by the level of service so far. They even go beyond just hooking you up w/ a manual - they dig around and give you other assorted related dl's for the title as well.

Attachments

• gog1.jpg
    gog1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 33
  • gog2.jpg
    gog2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Giants: Citizen Kabuto is worth the price of admission just because you get to use a jet pack. Way cool the way that was implemented.

I love GoG. This is the kind of service I want to support. DRM free, low prices and download as many times as I want.

I got Sacrifice cause it's a great game and Giants: Citizen Kabuto and Second Sight because I've always wanted to try them and have never had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom