Democrat credit access policy is nonsensical [title changed]

Michael Ellis

Watchdog
Original Sin Donor
Back in 1999:

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/may/31/news/mn-42807/3

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html

Short timeline summary:

- Dimocraps in the federal government strongarm lending institutions to increase mortgages to hispanics and blacks who would otherwise not qualify for large amounts of credit.

- Dimocraps in the federal government use their pet GSEs Fannie and Freddie to help further this obvious pandering to their voting base.

Time passes…

- People unworthy of credit in the first place begin to miss payments and default thereby leading to the mortgage meltdown followed by the financial crisis from institutions who purchased worthless securitized mortgages.

And now current day…

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_20/b4228031594062.htm

Maggot Dimocraps are back at strongarming lending institutions.

You do know that the legislation was sponsored and lead by congrssional Republicans, right?

Are you referring to the CRA?

"But with discrimination in the banking system not yet eradicated, maintaining the momentum of the 1990s will also require a continuing nudge from Washington. One key is to defend the Community Reinvestment Act, which the Senate shortsightedly voted to retrench recently. Clinton has threatened a veto if the House concurs."
http://articles.latimes.com/1999/may/31/news/mn-42807/3

The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA, Pub.L. 95-128, title VIII of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1977, 91 Stat. 1147, 12 U.S.C. § 2901 et seq.) is a United States federal law designed to encourage commercial banks and savings associations to help meet the needs of borrowers in all segments of their communities, including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.[1][2][3] Congress passed the Act in 1977 to reduce discriminatory credit practices against low-income neighborhoods, a practice known as redlining.[4][5]
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Community_Reinvestment_Act

"maggot Dimocraps"? - I think this kind of respectlessness towards the political opponents is becoming a real problem; its rampant on both sides. I think both sides really need to sit together and redefine a basic democratic consensus and rules of conduct. Its particularly bad in the US, but I also see it in other countries.

Maybe if both parties werent worthless people would atleast have respect for both. For Americans its always choosing the lesser of two evils.

"maggot Dimocraps"? - I think this kind of respectlessness towards the political opponents is becoming a real problem; its rampant on both sides. I think both sides really need to sit together and redefine a basic democratic consensus and rules of conduct. Its particularly bad in the US, but I also see it in other countries.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't come to this area because there is nothing but undiluted hate being spewed at each other. I get enough of that with Bioware discussions.

So keep that nonsense out of the titles at least. I don't want to see that kind of hate filled crap on the homepage when I come to read about RPGs!!!

Interesting that y'all weren't even phased by such winning titles as "What makes a religious person accept fables as truths" and "the Pentagram against liberty strikes/rules again". Y'all say you want both sides to behave, but somehow you only complain against one side. Why is that, do you think?

@Thrasher- you've lost this one several times, but you keep trying. Your very own Slick Willie supported and signed the bill that you refer to over and over. It's been documented for you. There's no way around this fact, no matter how many times you try to convince yourself that those evil republicans are the sole source of everything in the world that doesn't please you.

@dteowner: Because these titles didn't contain derogatory namecalling, as far as I can tell? Mind you, I have no problem at all with the topic per se, although I tend to stay out of P&R most of the time. I would not even have taken notice if "Dimocrap maggots" had simply been replaced with "Democrats", and that would have worked just fine for a reasonable debate, don't you think? I made the comment because its a trend that increasingly worries me about our societies. So I thought maybe I can raise a tiny bit of awareness.
Carry on.

Interesting that y'all weren't even phased by such winning titles as "What makes a religious person accept fables as truths" and "the Pentagram against liberty strikes/rules again". Y'all say you want both sides to behave, but somehow you only complain against one side. Why is that, do you think?
You're comparing my thread title "What makes a religious person accept fables as truths" to "Dimocrap maggots are at it again"???

What is a "Dimocrap" ? Is this the name of a fantasy realm monster ?

Actually, yes I would, and I'm not remotely religious. Both instances are deeply insulting to the relevant groups. For my part, I've got no problem with any of the titles in question and I receive and give back in something in the neighborhood of equal, but I do take issue with the selective crying.

I think the OP weakens his argument with his rhetoric. The actual topic is well-presented and backed up with sources, but the fact that responses are more concerned with his poor manners than the real issue highlights the mistake quite clearly. But that's his choice to make. I just find it tremendously annoying that the "average skin thickness" among the board changes so dramatically based on the view being espoused. I'd feel the same way if the OP started complaining about Thrasher calling us rethuglicans all the time.

What is a "Dimocrap" ? Is this the name of a fantasy realm monster ?
It's a play on "democrat", Alrik. Contains both "dim" and "crap", so it seems to convey his opinion fairly well, if rather lacking in social graces.

edit- one might say that the democrats generally live in fantasy realms, so perhaps you're on to something. ;)

I am not "the board" nor do I post much here in P&R anyway. It is indeed about manners, and you are, from my side, welcome to lambast Thrasher or whoever else uses REthuglicans or other terms you find derogatory. I don't deny that I probably have less sensibility for what is insulting to the right, but you are welcome to point that out. As to the topics you mentioned, I don't think its wrong to be provocative, its just wrong to be rude. I think Dimocrap is rude. With that I will bow out of P&R again. Sorry for the OT.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with those titles you mentioned. There is no vulgar imagery associated with them. Plus I have no freaking clue what "Pentagram against liberty strikes/rules again" means nor do I care to know what kind of nonsense is in that thread. I'm sure it either has something to do with hating republicans or democrats. Seems like all these threads have that in common.

In the end I've had enough of it and had to say something. I've seen these ridiculous titles and it seems to only be getting worse. "Dimocrap maggots???" Come on! This is going too far. I cuss and swear and raise holy hell, but there is a difference between that and hate filled vulgarity. This is not some damn P&R website. It's a RPG website that happens to have a P&R section in it!!!

With that I will take GhanBuriGhan's lead and leave you to this ……whatever it is, but for god sakes try to keep this kind of vulgarity out of the titles or new visitors might take one look at that nonsense on our homepage and leave. After all they're coming to an RPG site not Fox News or MSNBC where you would expect that.

@Thrasher- you've lost this one several times, but you keep trying. Your very own Slick Willie supported and signed the bill that you refer to over and over. It's been documented for you. There's no way around this fact, no matter how many times you try to convince yourself that those evil republicans are the sole source of everything in the world that doesn't please you.

It was a republican led and sponsored legislation, Clinton didn't propose it. He signed it. Isn't it funny how Republicans who were responsible for the mortgage meltdown want to shift blame to Clinton? The same ones who spout that deregulation is always right? The hypocrisy is really sad and desperate...

What GhanBuriGhan and Skavenhorde said.

This was the first time in months that I had to check a thread in P&R (which I usually steer clear of because I get enough negative vibes at work) just because the title jumped at me and bit me in the eye (as you can clearly see).
This one's for all: Keep it civil, at least regarding your wording, or refrain from posting.

Maybe if both parties werent worthless people would atleast have respect for both. For Americans its always choosing the lesser of two evils.

As if politicians passed through a membrane from another dimension where people were greedier and more stupid. If you think politicians suck, get involved. I signed a recall petition against Dan Kapanke, and if one is passed around for Scott Walker, I'll sign that too. I pay attention to the issues, and I make sure that I vote at every single election in my neighborhood, not just for THE PRESIDENT!

The reason politicians suck is because WE suck. We shovel KFC into our fat faces and let our minds degenerate watching bullshit like American Idol and Jersey Shore, while our arteries harden and we develop diabetes, driving up the cost of health care. (Interesting how studies have just shown an increase in autism vulnerability for women who are overweight or have diabetes, yet we want to throw the blame on pharmaceutical companies that make vaccines.)

I hear the "I don't vote, because there's no point to it," about 3 times a day during the election cycle, and it makes me want to waterboard these people.

P.S. I don't want to imply that that's what you were saying exactly. Just saw a point to be made in what you said. Lots of politicians ARE scum, but it's mostly our fault.

pentagram=5
pentagrams are often "used" by those seeking to control power=mythology at least
the 5 refers to those on the supreme court who routinely give more rights or POWERS -see cult reference-to corporate powers that have no accountabily do to the nature and structure of large orginizations much like goverments except for the one fact that goverments are "supposed" to serve the people not shareholds and more important they are democraticaly elected. i could care less about either party as they both don't serve the people and as has been said many see it as lesser of evils (i hate that expression and would vote 3rd party in that case)—i care about the rights of people and over living things—not tools for suppressions of others.

Back
Top Bottom