When loading Gothic 3 for the first time I get a series of errors:

Windows header is:
gCSrriptAdmin::RunScript(..)

Message is:

Scripted Script is not registered: ONInit

Cancel Retry Ignore

When clicking Retry I get

Scripted Script is not registered: ONGameStartup

Then the game starts with everyone standing around. I get the message telling me to draw my weapon by pressing "1", however, I have not inventory or for that matter any control over my pc asside from walking around. Please help. I will try to reinstall now. Maybe this will fix it.

Aye, I'd reinstall, and then patch it properly. If the patch comes up with a language question(English, Italian, etc) it will install correctly, if it comes up with a "Do you want to uninstall the component" or something, it's a bad install. At least for me it is - I get all sorts of issues with the latter install.

When loading Gothic 3 for the first time I get a series of errors:

Windows header is:
gCSrriptAdmin::RunScript(..)

Message is:

Scripted Script is not registered: ONInit

Cancel Retry Ignore

When clicking Retry I get

Scripted Script is not registered: ONGameStartup

Then the game starts with everyone standing around. I get the message telling me to draw my weapon by pressing "1", however, I have not inventory or for that matter any control over my pc asside from walking around. Please help. I will try to reinstall now. Maybe this will fix it.

i have tried reinstalling about 5 times and i am still getting the exact same problem. how exactly did u get it 2 work?

I noticed that an error occurred when I installed the game the first time around. It looks like the script files are copied at the end of the installation process, and since I received an error here I guess that my problem was a result of a corrupt script file. Try uninstalling the patch, the game, and deleting any directories related to the game. Install directX separately if you need to and make sure that all virus SW is disabled. If something is interfering with the install it could cause the problem. I noticed that my problem, which is very similar to yours, occurred when I attempted to install directX along with the game. I uninstalled everything, ran the DX installer from the CD and then went for the game. Have you been receiving errors when installing the game? Have you run win. update recently? Update your system, remove everything completely, make sure nothing is interfering (Virus SW or perhaps even malware), and install the game only. Hopefully by taking all of these precautions the game will install correctly. Let us know how it works out for you.

In other forums they say (not verified by me):

Install Windows XP SP 2 to fix the scripting error.

Back
Top Bottom