Balrum BETA

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor
I can't get over how far the camera is zoomed out. Is there an option to bring it closer?

They did talk about being able to play it in almost any resolution past 960×576, so i'm assuming tweaking that and the window/full screen might do it, but I haven't found resolution settings anywhere yet, so i'm assuming they disabled it so far for the beta.

This is a game I really WISH that I would have backed. Looks great...reminding me a lot of the Eschalon series at first glance.

I will be eagerly awaiting the full release!

I'm surprised how little attention this gets. I watched a bunch of the "lets play" vids on YouTube and this looks like a real gem.

Last edited:
To you people in the beta or following closely,

can you have summons/ minions/ henchmen in this game? I find single character FPP games to be rather boring, and it's even more inexcusable in an isometric (non action heavy) game.

Don't have an answer but have you played Eschalon? They are single character. I played the first two and liked them alot. Normally I prefer party based games but I found Eschalon surprisingly fun.

Loving it so far and personally I think the hunger/thirst complaints are way overblown. I am still on version 1 (without the hunger/thirst patch) and if I fill hunger and thirst to 100% it stays full for quite some time. One tip is keep the Rest/Thirst/Hunger UI open. It's a very small window you can place off to one side but lets you easily keep an eye on how low any of them are. Very disappointed there isn't more discussion for this game here of all places. These are the sort of games we should want more of.

My reason for not playing it as of yet is quite simple, after giving money to the kickstarter however many years ago, I didn't receive a key on the day of release. It was close to two days later that I finally got my key, and then I'd found something else to play. I'll get to it in time, but for now it is sitting waaaayyyy back in my que.

Loving it so far... Very disappointed there isn't more discussion for this game here of all places. These are the sort of games we should want more of.

What makes the game special in your view? How does this compare to other oldies and how does it contrast? Sell the game to me. It looks very, very basic. I generally pick these old-looking games up when they hit a couple dollars. I have paid full price though if there is good word of mouth or if there is a demo and I end up enjoying that.

What makes the game special in your view? How does this compare to other oldies and how does it contrast? Sell the game to me. It looks very, very basic. I generally pick these old-looking games up when they hit a couple dollars. I have paid full price though if there is good word of mouth or if there is a demo and I end up enjoying that.

I haven't played it yet myself, but it looks more than just very basic to me. Have you looked at the feature list? It has crafting, base building, and farming to go along with turn-based combat and a hand-crafted open world. I can't think of another game that combines all that.

As strange a comparison as this is, it's more like Divinity Original Sin. Just with Eschalon style graphics, and not party based. On the flip side you can interact with the world more.

Back
Top Bottom