Inquisitor - English Site Launched

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well, well - my preorder may yet come to fruition. Cinemax has launched a new official English website for Inquisitor, saying the release is getting "closer":
As the release of the English version of Inquisitor is getting closer, it is the right time to launch the English website. Don’t be afraid to check everything it offers to you, such as an extensive introduction to the game world, basics you should know, as well as the details about the main characters or an in-depth overview of all seven fields of magic (both permitted and forbidden). There are even several new screenshots from the English version waiting for you in the Gallery! And even though you have probably seen the official trailer already, you can always watch it again.
More information.

This translation is still alive?

This is the closest game were gonna get to Baulders Gate 3 , I will play this game in English if its the last thing i do !!!

Well what a surprise as they still have a whole game to translate according to there last update. Its been what 2-3 years now.

"So... both intro and outro videos are now in English (subtitles only, there is no voice-over in them, nor in the game itself). And now that ingame text..." (posted on their FB a month ago).

So yeah, should probably be fully translated within 5-6 years or so ;)

"So… both intro and outro videos are now in English (subtitles only, there is no voice-over in them, nor in the game itself). And now that ingame text…" (posted on their FB a month ago).

So yeah, should probably be fully translated within 5-6 years or so ;)

Nah maybe another 3 at tops you know there trying there hardest.:p

This is worse then rom translators and the people making Inquisitor don't even have to hack it like rom translators do. I remember years ago when Tomato did the entire script for Star Ocean in a couple of days and these guys can't even do it in a few years.

This is the closest game were gonna get to Baulders Gate 3 , I will play this game in English if its the last thing i do !!!

Feels more Diablo-ish to me. Limited character creation. (3 classes, just like D1). You hord healing/mana potions. Even the interface with your life points and mana points are pretty close from what can be found in Diablo.

Me three, i dont care how long it takes ,just get it done. I say September 2012.

The trailer doesn't give me much hope for the translation.

If I understand previous posts correctly - and hey, maybe I don't - most of it has been translated but they need the programmer to implement the new text in-game.

I read a post by some czech dude, he said the translation is done and that theyre doing corrections now. So yeah, hopefully it actually isnt that far off now.

They've released 9 patches for the game so it'll be nice for once to not have to wait for those :)

Hi guys! A few answers to your questions:

vurt & Couchpotato: Actually, by that post on Inquisitor’s Facebook page I meant that we need to resolve that transfer of priest’s ingame text (which is completely translated already) to the characters of paladin and thief – all three characters share the majority of the ingame text, but there are some differences, like for example, most NPCs address the priest as a “father”, while the paladin as a “knight”, or the members of the clergy address the priest as a “brother”, while the thief as a “son” etc. These changes are a matter of some programming now, it shouldn’t be a difficult task (for a skilled programmer, of course) – all that our programmer lacks is enough time for that.

guenthar: The thing is that such a translation needs time and money, and if you are a small indie developer you don’t have much of either which means that you have to work on other projects continuously that will keep you running, and then some things take longer than if you had time just for them.

vanedor: Inquisitor is closer to Baldur’s Gate than to Diablo, really.

kovi_cz-

Thanks for the update. Then correct me if I'm wrong its almost ready for release then? I don't want to get my hopes up again.

Well, the last big step is to proofread all the ingame text (or better to say, all the priest's ingame text, as I mentioned last time). We are working on this task now, I'm sending files in groups to our proofreaders and this morning I sent out a batch of files starting with the letter "L". If I do a little math now, exactly 30 % of the priest's text has been proofread already (in two weeks). It really seems that the "beta phase" could start in May (or in June - at the latest). The "beta" should in fact serve to allow those who pre-ordered (pre-paid) the game more or less years ago to play it before the rest, and to get rid of the last typos etc., because after ten patches made for the Czech version I assume there shouldn't be many bugs left in the game…

Back
Top Bottom