Silent Storm - Released on GOG

I'm a fan of these two games. Anyone who has enjoyed Xcom or Jagged Alliance should try them, if he hasn't already. Insta-buy for me. I have the discs but haven't been able to get them to work since Windows Vista. The GOG versions both work great on my rig with Windows 7, 64 bit.

I guess it could be considered a spoiler, but I've never liked the "plot twist" the games take. If you don't know about the Panzerklein but want to, just read the customer reviews on GOG.com. If you want to get rid of the Panzerklein, look on page 5 of those customers reviews for the links I posted to mods that remove them.

One of my favourite turn based strategy games, if not the favourite.

Did they finally introduce widescreen resolutions in this release? If yes, I might buy it a second time just for that.

Couldn't get the disks to work with win 7. This is definitely a buy for me.

One of my favourite turn based strategy games, if not the favourite.

Did they finally introduce widescreen resolutions in this release? If yes, I might buy it a second time just for that.

Yes on Sentinels. No on the original. Sentinels goes up to 1920xwhatever, but S2 is only 1280xwhatever.

Sweet. Never played Sentinels though I have gotten S2 to work on Win7 x64 though I dont remember how now. Also S2 will render in 1600x1200 but dont think it will do a windowed mode and doesn't work with dxwnd.

If you want to get rid of the Panzerklein, look on page 5 of those customers reviews for the links I posted to mods that remove them.
This is great information. I also did not like the plot twist and stopped many games shortly after getting them. Guess this is a buy so I can get S3.

Back
Top Bottom