The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Definitely out for tonight. Plan to get some serious play in on Saturday if I can manage it.

The stone should work now, according to the Hotfix release notes.

I found that in the guild ship's belly there are a few guild ship items that have only 3 days left.

I found that in the guild ship's belly there are a few guild ship items that have only 3 days left.
We're getting screwed, then. I had everything up to a minimum of 3 weeks roughly a week ago.

Alrik was right, the bottom all had 3 days left, I added a few weeks to them but only one week to a few. Was on my poor toon. Maybe we need to keep better track then and figure out what is going on. Check them after every update and hotfix I guess.

We just need a small schedule, something like : If you log in on fridays, just check. That's all we need, imho.

Besides, I bought myself 4 GB of RAM yesterday for my gaming PC - everything now runs much smoother now, and I think that the loading times have decreased, too.

Too bad they didn't fix it yet. I think this is related to our skype issues. As the game starts grabbing more memory to run it grabs more bandwith and skype is suppose to give up bandwith for other actions unless you set it to over ride any other activity you have going on the pc. No one should or wants to do that........soo.....

It also seems guild chat has been messed up on Kyber server but not fixed according to the dev posts in Alrik's link. Maybe that was our issue. No telling.

Just a reminder that it's highly likely I'm out again Friday. It's possible the parental units will leave early, but very doubtful. I should be back on track starting the 28th. I have high hopes for some serious gaming during the holidays, but we'll see how that pans out.

Well, on 24th I won't be online, I think. In Germany, the pople get their presents on the 24th, not on the 25th.
And the whole famly will be together.

Here, we opened one on the night of the 24th, the rest on the 25th. That was when we were kids though, now I just wait. May have also just been a family tradition.

Finalizing my Druid build for Mirys now. Almost got the mats to finish her GS LitII. Main issue is small Sulfurous Stones and of course LDS, and that because of a certain bank bug which eats mats. I could buy them, except the AH seems bone dry. Prices on larges have dropped drastically, and I've been able to buy up some of the other larges I needed.

*EDIT*

Dte, I left a big stick in the guild chest. Voltaic of Absolute Chaos. Should fit Klubbir well, if he's chaotic.

Last edited:
Any tips on starting a Druid? I'm thinking about starting a new character just to play on the side and I was thinking a Druid would be nice. Have no clue how to build a good one.

Druids are a hybrid class more than a pure. They really lack the same variety of offense that the arcanes provide, and lack somewhat in the support of the divines.

Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

Level 20 True Neutral Half-Elf Female
(20 Druid) 
Hit Points: 322
Spell Points: 1421 
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 16
Reflex: 8
Will: 16

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](36 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Strength             16                    26
Dexterity            13                    15
Constitution         16                    18
Intelligence          9                    12
Wisdom               16                    18
Charisma              8                    10[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Balance               3                    13
Bluff                -1                     0
Concentration         7                    27
Diplomacy            -1                     0
Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
Haggle               -1                     0
Heal                  3                     5
Hide                  1                     2
Intimidate           -1                     0
Jump                  3                    12
Listen                3                     4
Move Silently         1                     2
Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
Perform              n/a                    n/a
Repair               -1                     1
Search               -1                     1
Spot                  3                    21
Swim                  3                     8
Tumble                n/a                   3
Use Magic Device      1                    11
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Rogue[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Bard[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Toughness[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Wolf[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Shield Mastery[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 5 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 6 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Quicken Spell[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 8 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Winter Wolf[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Natural Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 11 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 12 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 14 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 15 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Natural Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 17 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 18 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 19 (Druid)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 20 (Druid)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Natural Adept[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Beastial Nature I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Beastial Nature II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Blood Moon Frenzy I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Blood Moon Frenzy II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Blood Moon Frenzy III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Celerity[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Essence of the Shrike I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Essence of the Shrike II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Fatal Harrier[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Nature's Warrior I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Nature's Warrior II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Shifting Rake I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Shifting Rake II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Vengeful Hunter I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Vengeful Hunter II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Improved Rogue Dilettante I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Improved Rogue Dilettante II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Human Adaptability Strength I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Human Improved Recovery I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Human Improved Recovery II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Racial Toughness II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Waxing Hoarfrost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Waxing Storm I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Waxing Life I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Zenith of Hoarfrost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of Hoarfrost I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of Hoarfrost II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of Hoarfrost III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of the Storm I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of the Storm II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of the Storm III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of Life I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of Life II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Eminence of Life III[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Strength I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Strength II[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Toughness I[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lemonchiffon]Enhancement: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Druid Toughness II[/COLOR]

This is My TR plan. STR-based, but with investment into WIS for usable DCs. Wolf Melee hybrid build. Note I have not included any gear. So HP at 20 with no EDs will be pushing over 500 easily. Once I get back to 24, it'll breach 600+ unless I'm in US, in which case, it'll probably breach 1000.

For a f2P 28 pointer, dump DEX entirely, and go Human. Simply move feats up a level, and add the Improved Shield Mastery feat in at 6 (instead of 21/24). This boosts your defense as well as offense on a Druid, which in Wolf form is somewhat reliant on doublestrike and SA damage.

STR 16 (10pts) - All level-ups here
DEX 8
CON 15 (8pts)
INT 8
WIS 16 (10pts)
CHA 8

1 - Toughness
1 - Shield Mastery
2 - Wolf Form
3 - Quicken Spell
5 - Bear Form
6 - Improved Shield Mastery
8 - Winter Wolf Form
9 - Natural Fighting
11 - Dire Bear Form
12 - Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
13 - Water/Fire Elemental Form
15 - Natural Fighting
17 - Water/Fire Elemental Form
18 - Natural Fighting

For 21, you can push in Power Attack, or go for Maximize Spell for some power to your limited spell dps. My plan was actually Precision, but a 28 pointer will struggle to fit the DEX requirement. Empower Healing is also a useful alternative, as that is the only meta that effects Regenerate/Mass Regen and Heal.

Dwarf is another good choice for the +2 CON, +2 CON enhancements, and extra Toughness enhancements if you want. Up to 60 more hp. Elf and Drow are sub-par choices for a Druid Wolf, having no synergies and no advantages, with the disadvantage of -2 CON. Halfling has no advantages or disadvantages, as the -2 STR is offset partially by a racial size bonus to-hit and more than offset by racial SA damage enhancements.

Tomes help, but are not needed.

Alternately, you can sacrifice some DPS for spell DCs by putting all level up stat points into WIS instead. No other changes.

My druid is somewhat different, but I don't use animal form and tend to be more of a caster than a melee. Az's general guidelines on stats are fine for both.

Yep. For a caster-focused build, max WIS, all level ups there. Maximize Spell, Empower Spell, Quicken Spell, Toughness are critical. Druids have a lot of Evocation spells, so Spell Focus: Evocation works as well. But they lack spells which bother with spell resistance, so Spell Pen actually isn't that useful.

hocus pocus pansy freaks...

;)

Back
Top Bottom