Unwritten:Echoes of Twilight - Update #6, Still Kicking

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Druid Gameworks is back with a new update for Unwritten:Echoes of Twilight giving a status update on kickstarter.

Hey Kickstarters!

Just checking in here to let you folks know we're still here and still kicking!

Currently we are hard at work on a cinematic trailer, as well as prototype trailer that will give folks that taste of the game they're craving. We've also reached out to the press and some of our industry contacts trying to bolster the campaign. We're not ready to pack it in just yet so we hope you will continue to spread the word about our new breed of RPG! We are very grateful to all of our backers who have been so supportive beyond just pledging and we've had a chance to interact with so many amazing folks here on Kickstarter it's been a really great experience for us overall!

Still to come this week we're going to start sharing details about particular factions, as well as some details on a couple of our companion characters, and we hope to see one of our wip trailers up here soon, so keep checking in, and thanks for pledging, supporting, suggesting, and promoting, you guys (and the ladies too) rock!
More information.

This has got to be one of the worst kick starters i have seen in terms of organisation. We have seen nothing so far that looks like ingame assets.

This has got to be one of the worst kick starters i have seen in terms of organisation. We have seen nothing so far that looks like ingame assets.
Well there modders not professional game developers, and I have seen worse. I like the idea of the kickstarter, but everyone has seen how much damage was done the first week.:-/

Fifteen days left and they are working on cinematics. It's a bit too late I'm afraid. Putting a bunch of modders together with no clue on how the game industry works couldn't get any worse. Not to mention the absurd amount of money they are asking. This reminds me of Tom Hall and Brenda Brathwaithe, asking for half a million justifying the amount on their past deeds.

I find it outright baffling how many people without any big names behind them think they can get such sums without actually showing anything. Tbh, I'm surprised they got that much.

So many say they do not want to show anything that doesn't look good already. Even The Mandate guys do that. What nonsense!

Just have a look at the City of Titans Kickstarter. That's how it's done. They show (more or less) only gameplay footage. Footage that looks like sh*t (not even close to alpha), but it proves that they are onto something, that they can do something. Well, it may be the other extreme, showing too much gameplay and not enough explanation. But that extreme works far better than showing only concepts and explaining an idea.
Of course, they have the CoH fanbase behind them, but it's still a good example.

Back
Top Bottom