Skullforge: The Hunt - A New Fantasy ARPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Skullforge: The Hunt is the latest game on kickstarter asking for $20,000. The game is being developed by a small studio called OMC Games. As usual I have the pitch video, and a short game description.

Skullforge: The Hunt

Skullforge: The Hunt is an action RPG set in a medieval fantasy world. The combat will be fast, interesting, and most of all fun. Players will take the role of Desinarious "Desi" Cornerstone as she tracks down one of her enslavers. This game is made for those who like action RPGs with a good mix of fun storytelling, action, exploration, and the ability to make interesting choices along the way.

What motivated me to begin production on Skullforge: The Hunt was the desire to make a top down RPG that wasn't a dungeon crawler. I'm a huge RPG player from classic Atari 8-bit RPGs to the modern games of late, and there just aren't many games like this one these days. It's been a dream of mine to take various aspects of different RPGs and merge them together into one complete package and now is my chance to get it done.
They already have a new update about the first day on Kickstarter.

Just getting started!

Thanks to everyone who pledged today. Not off to the best start, but all things have to start somewhere. My goal at this point is to get the word out, but most of all answer any questions anyone may have. We have put a lot of time and effort into this game and though it may not be the best looking game out there, you can bet that we will do our best to provide everyone with a great game in the genre. All we ask for is a chance to show what we can do.

The game is just getting started…let's do this!
More information.

games like these are all about the writing.

and Fanatasy is the first nail in the coffin.

Also the dialog looked mediocre

Feedback sent to OMC Games.

Good music, nice 3D world, good animations and exciting combat system.

Your lighting in the dark dungeons must be brightened up, probably use local lighting focused on characters so big stretches remain shrouded in darkness.

Those dialogue lines popping up are the best feature, because they have big fonts.

"This must be the place" font size of this sentence at 0:57 should be the example size of the tiny fonts in dialogue boxes. Wow, so many developers do not see why Blizzard used such big fonts in Diablo 1..

Letters on the brown parchment should be bigger and their kerning also bigger, making sentences nicely stretch pleasing our eyes, not so compressed like now. Press people understand creating fantastic newspaper pages that read and get attention awesomely. This font size & placement just constricts the creative flow, tires players, makes them bored, because forces players to make unnecessary effort.

Its all about telling an exciting FABLE, which is serving up delicious [dishes] information, which must be communicated so the reader has effortless enjoyment, called relaxation and fun & joy playing the game and NOT exerting their eyes to decipher what the crraaap is written there in this game on that parchment.

Last edited:
Good music, interesting theme . . . former elven slave???
Okay I am at least interested in this game
but I am not a fan of the camera angle (Shades of Driftmoon)

I've starred it for now . .. I have to ponder this.

Bonus points for mentioning Alternate Reality. Made me pledge.

Hey folks. I'm the developer of Skullforge, and I figured I'd jump in here to field any questions you guys may have about the game. I understand it's real early, and I apologize for that. The main purpose was to show that we're not working on vaporware and do have the know how to get this done. It's not flashy yet, but it will be.

Oh, and Wizards Crown and The Eternal Dagger are two of my personal favorite strategy RPGs. Real classics that still hold up today, in my opinion.

I didn't notice this thread at all. :(
And on the KS page is stated:
Keep in mind this isn't a loot game.

A quick rundown of other things on the KS page is like this:
- this ain't another yucky phonegame
- no, it's not another diabloclone
- it's not MMO
- DLC? what's that?

I'm backing this game.

Back
Top Bottom