Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Registered users will now be taken to the first post they haven't read yet in that thread when they click on the link on the front page.
Non-registered users are taken to the first post just like now.

The registered thing only applies when you are registered on our forums, have cookies enabled and have enabled that you are automatically logged in.

Registered users will now be taken to the first post they haven't read yet in that thread when they click on the link on the front page.
Non-registered users are taken to the first post just like now.

Correction: Non-registered users are taken to the newest post, i.e. the last post in a thread, not the first post.

Wow guys thanks it's even better than what I wanted.I love the Watch!

Why don't you redisign this button ?
It doesn't really suit the white neither the black scheme.
inwhite.jpg

inblack.jpg

I was just looking through the forum's member list ... And was shocked ! So many spam-bot entries ...

I request therefore a delete of all users with 0 replies in the forums, after a kind of warning message.

This would make the search for a specific user (in my case it's Gorath) much easier ...

(If you do'nt believe my, try browsing through the "g" list yourself ...)

I'm for deleting all zero-post users every 3 months. For example at the beginning of each quarter delete all unused accounts older than 90 days. Without warning.

This has the positive effect that it frees the locked names for new users.

I've deleted all users that registered before March 1st and were not active after March 1st and had 0 posts.
We still have 8000+ users though, with 7000 of them having 0 posts.

Anyway, searching for an individual is a lot easier by just entering the name in the members list and not by wading through all the users starting with the same first letter.

Question: If we have 8k members and 7k with 0 posts, how come we have over 2k ACTIVE members according to the first forum page?

"Active" is defined as any activity within the last 30 days. Registration and/or browsing would be activity.

Myrthos mentions of searching and deleting, surely the autopruning feature of vBulletin could be set to a desired level for the removal of zero post users/members? - why not "let the machine do the work".

As far as I can see the autopruning feature only exists for forums not for users. That is a manual option. It only takes a minute or so in total.

Thanks anyway.

Do we need a Divinity 2 sub-forum ?

Or rather: Will we need one ?

I'm wondering.

We're currently considering our future forum needs. His mightiness Myrthos will make the final decisions. :)

Should I erect an altar ? :D ;)

What, you don't have one already?

I built mine some time ago. Much safer that way. :anxious:

It's the first thing you do when trying to win his favor.

I found out about vBulletin's replacement manager, which can automatically replace certain text fragments with something else upon posting. This, of course, can be used for typographical enhancements. I'll give you an example:

• A double minus, as used by PJ, magerette, et al., will now be converted to an actual em dash: —
  • Three consecutive dots, mike's favorites, will now be converted to an actual ellipsis: …
Now, think of the possibilities! . . . Anything else we could enhance? Quotation marks are something that will probably not work, given that it requires some rudimentary logic. Only simple replacements.

edit: Meh, apparently it replaces not only the text in postings, but in the entire html page. Including comments, which will be rendered useless and thus become bugs. :|
edit 2: Replacing the wrong replacements again seems to be doing the job. Hmmm.. Oh well. Please yell if you find any new bugs. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom