Deus Ex 3 - Going Well

I'm doing well as well, thank you.

Finally I get a good use for this one;

o_rly.jpg

This one goes in my possibly, maybe folder. Enjoyed parts of the original, but the sequel was a disaster!!

I make no pretenses ... I'm all over it on day of release. And Thief 4 as well.

Ok have I been living under a rock? When did they decide to make DE3? I must have missed that. Great news though.

I loved Dues Ex and liked Dues Ex 2. It was fun even if it was consolized to the point of ridiculousness. Still that being said I enjoyed it enough to finish it. Hope they bring back a little of what made Dues Ex 1 great.

I'd say I would resist the urge to immediately purchase Deus Ex 3 or Thief 4 regardless of how they look, but I'd be lying.

I will purchase them on launch day even if they announce Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reeves are doing the voice acting of every character in both games :C

I *really* try to avoid buying on launch day. Give it a day, make sure there's no screams of anguish reverberating through the internet, THEN go buy it.

(Unless it's BioWare, Blizzard, or Bethesda. The first two are trustworthy. Bethesda has plenty of bugs on release but it takes a month or two to fix them and I won't be able to hold out that long, so I might as well buy immediately.)

I will purchase them on launch day even if they announce Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reeves are doing the voice acting of every character in both games :C

That is a very big call. I don't know if I could do it.
Barring Keanu Reaves I'll be there after a review or 2 comes out. I have been burnt to many times lately...mostly by Bioshock I think.

I have been burnt to many times lately...mostly by Bioshock I think.

Bioshock wasn't bad though, unless you're one of the people who was expecting another System Shock 2.

Personally, I won't be getting DX 3 immediately. I'm a little disappointed in the fact that it's taking place 25 years before the events of the original game. I would rather see a worthy sequel. Also, without Warren Spector or Harvey Smith being involved, I'm a bit skeptical about how this is going to turn out..

Just to clarify, "....it's going great for a console game...".

Bioshock wasn't bad though, unless you're one of the people who was expecting another System Shock 2.

Unfortunately I was. That isn't too much to expect is it?

Deus Ex 2 interested me more than Bioshock. I wanted to finish DX2 where as Bioshock took a number of restarts and a couple of years to get through.

Basically you shouldn't bother getting anything on release day unless it's a non-complex game. We all know that almost every game needs a couple of patches before the experience is as it should be.

I am really looking forward to Thief 4 since the series is one of the few non-rpgs I really like and none of the games have disapointed me and I don't expect this one to also.

PS. I'm not so interested in Deus Ex 3 since I can bearly get interested in the first game and the second game lasted a half hour before I quit playing.

EDIT: I think the first game I can remember being refered to as a Massively Single-Player RPG was Darklands.

Last edited:
Deus Ex 2 interested me more than Bioshock. I wanted to finish DX2 where as Bioshock took a number of restarts and a couple of years to get through.

Yikes! I know Bioshock was disappointing to some, but it was still waaay better than Invisible War imo.

Yikes! I know Bioshock was disappointing to some, but it was still waaay better than Invisible War imo.

QTF!

IW wasn't as bad in retrospect as it seemed on release, just a very average shooter with a craptastic engine. Bioshock on the other hand is only a disappointment from a single perspective - which is if you are looking for a new SS game.

Back
Top Bottom