Mass Effect 3 - Live Action Trailer Director's Cut, Previews and More

aries100

SasqWatch
A Director's Cut of the Live Action trailer shown at E3 has been released. It contains 15 seconds of new gameplay and is also edited slightly.

A range of preview has been penned for this game. I'll quote from one of them and list the others:
Eurogamer has this preview:
It all starts however, as your correspondent recently discovered during a play through the game's opening hours, on terra firma. The setting is futuro-Vancouver, and it's the day that the Reapers make their dramatic return. Shepard and Anderson have been called to an emergency meeting of Earth's leaders, during which contact with other cities and colonies is gradually cut off. Suddenly the outside world erupts in white light, the room is filled with glass and blood and vast Reapers can be seen piercing the clouds.
Other sites that have previews are:
IGN
Gamespot
Videogamer
IncGamers
Digital Spy
CVG
Metro
SPOnG
In other ME3 news OXM Magazine talked to Art Director Derek Watts about the level design in the game, especially when it concerns the London, the Krogan homeworld, Mars and the Citadel. A sample:
Good environmental concept artworks are invaluable, he says, because they give designers something to fall back on when their ideas threaten to run away with them. "You don't want the designers to do too much of everything, because otherwise it becomes too much just what we want at the time. You want the artists to be involved to see how it's going to look and what the views will be."
In yet other ME3 news, Bioware, via Chris Pristly in this post in the BSN adresses concerns
that fans had over the release of the ME3: Deception novel. A sample:
The teams at Del Rey and BioWare would like to extend our sincerest apologies to the Mass Effect fans for any errors and oversights made in the recent novel Mass Effect: Deception. We are currently working on a number of changes that will appear in future editions of the novel.
More information.

That live action trailer reminds me SO MUCH of Command & Conquer…

Well they are helping victory games with the new C&C under there Bioware label.

Book patches?

Hell, be careful what you say. It could happen. I do nearly all my pleasure reading on my Kindle. They could start "patching" those books. God knows the editing on some of these ebooks is truly awful. With some at least, you can tell they have automated their editing process, apparently leaving little human oversight....or those on overwatch are morons.

I hope they're enjoying all their pennies saved. Now that the major publishing houses have won their pricing battle with Amazon, we're getting charged pretty much the same as a bound book, for which we know the production costs are much higher, for a clearly inferior product. It's stuff like this that drives people to piracy, right or wrong. It's too bad Steve Jobs didn't talk an ounce of sense into the publishing industry before he died, like he barely managed with the music industry.

Back
Top Bottom