Elemental: Fallen Enchantress - Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Elemental: Fallen Enchantress is not really an RPG, but more of a tactical strategy with some RPG elements, which might interest our visitors.
In case it doesm know that it is released and can be downloaded from the Stardock store and Steam.
Thanks to SveNitoR, killias2 and Capt. Huggy Face for letting us know.
More information.

i felt bit VERY hard from the first elemental game that i really still have zero interest in this free remake. my collectors edition will gather dust for years.

If this wasn't released same time as King's bounty:WotN I might be interested but for now I will wait for sale or might buy at full price when I complete KB and Xcom if there is no sale by than.

"i felt bit VERY hard from the first elemental game that i really still have zero interest in this free remake. my collectors edition will gather dust for years. "

If you bought the first one around release, you get this one for free. Look into it.

In any case, I'm glad there were several of us sending this story in, haha. I'll definitely buy it next week, when I get paid. I'm super excited!

If you bought the first one around release, you get this one for free. Look into it.

Definitely look into it, I did get it for free because of buying WoM on release but was a little hesitant to waste my time again, but having played Fallen Enchantress for a few hours now I can say it's leaps and bounds better already than the first game was.

Basically what I had been expecting from War of Magic back then.

I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but it's been getting very positive reactions on the Steam forums.

So I see it is free for owners of the first game; for first time buyers does that mean you get both games or is it just fallen Enchantress?

So I see it is free for owners of the first game; for first time buyers does that mean you get both games or is it just fallen Enchantress?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there was some cutoff date for people who bought War of Magic early on. If you bought WoM before that date, you get Fallen Enchantress for free, by way of an apology for the terrible state the first game was released in.

Edit: JDR beat me to the punch with a better explanation.

It is a lot better then the first released version.

It's a pretty fun game with a lot of modding potential. I started following Elemental back when War of Magic was in beta. Never played WoM much because it, well...everybody knows...it was unfinished and boring.

Fallen Enchantress is a MUCH more fun game than WoM. It still seems like there are some things missing, keeping it from excellence, though. The factions need to be more interesting, for example. Also, it crashed on me when I tried to start the Scenario the first time. They didn't ever beta test that part of the game, so I suppose some bugs are unavoidable. The sandbox mode has been solid for me since the betas.

8/10 is about right, IMO.

It's a pretty fun game with a lot of modding potential. I started following Elemental back when War of Magic was in beta. Never played WoM much because it, well…everybody knows…it was unfinished and boring.

Fallen Enchantress is a MUCH more fun game than WoM. It still seems like there are some things missing, keeping it from excellence, though. The factions need to be more interesting, for example. Also, it crashed on me when I tried to start the Scenario the first time. They didn't ever beta test that part of the game, so I suppose some bugs are unavoidable. The sandbox mode has been solid for me since the betas.

8/10 is about right, IMO.

I agree, the decision to not seperate the races more is a sad one, although it's still a great game, miles ahead of the disaster that was WOM. For bigger faction differention, try Heavenfalls Stormworld mod. I promise you won't be dissapointed.

The potential of the vanilla game is huge though. Give it two expansions and the game will be a classic just like GC2 became with the TA expansion.

I got the game for free, but I would have gladly payed full, and I'll definitely buy any expansions. My faith in Stardock is restored.

Damn this game. I forgot all about it then I get an email that I get it for free. I have played this game non stop for three days and my eyes are killing me. A few bugs but with some mods and patches I see a real gem. A great sandbox game where you take a 4x strategy game and a RPG and mix them together. I would say a mix between Age of Wonders and Fall from Heaven.

I agree, the decision to not seperate the races more is a sad one, although it's still a great game, miles ahead of the disaster that was WOM. For bigger faction differention, try Heavenfalls Stormworld mod. I promise you won't be dissapointed.

The potential of the vanilla game is huge though. Give it two expansions and the game will be a classic just like GC2 became with the TA expansion.

I got the game for free, but I would have gladly payed full, and I'll definitely buy any expansions. My faith in Stardock is restored.

Having played all night last night I agree, except for the buying the expansion part, Brad over at Stardock said I will be getting the fist expansion free also.

Almost starting to feel a bit guilty about that now lol.

I'm mixed; I've been playing since midway in the beta; I find the game fun but it has a huge number of flaws. The major aspect missing from the game (other than some fundemental issues in the design) is lack of exploration. I guess it is more of a sandbox and I like adventure with a story.

The races are more distinct then their graphics give them in terms to abilities.

Back
Top Bottom