Bioshock - Preview @ Gamers with Jobs

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GwJ has an excellent first-hand preview of Bioshock from an earlier visit to Irrational's offices:
Sitting next to the artists and designers, there's little question that every corner of BioShock has been lovingly crafted. Irrational licensed the Unreal 3 engine from Epic, the visual supercharger behind the hit Xbox 360 title Gears of War. Like most developers, Irrational has taken this engine and tortured it until it bleeds a gritty reality full of fire, water, and dust. From the few hours I spent touring the game's architecture (alas, over the shoulder, as my day at Irrational was before the game went "hands on" to the press) they've succeeded on at least a few levels. Everything in the game feels both organic and polished at the same time. And the environment is extremely interactive. "Everything is searchable," explains Levine. His goal was to make the world of BioShock work correctly, like a simulation. "If the user expects to be able to do something, they can do it in this world. So you can freeze something and then shatter it, fire spreads correctly, and so on."
More information.

Excellent article. :)

I second that, finally an article with some substantive info about the game. It's well-written and has some nice commentary from the game's designer (and author;)) himself. If youre interested in this title, you need to read this one!

That was simply outstanding. I enjoyed every little bit of this article.

They do some good writing over at GWJ - I wish it wasn't completely blocked for me on my work PC ...

Back
Top Bottom