Dungeon Lords - German CE v1.05 Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Worthplaying has spotted a patch for the German Collector's Edition of Dungeon Lords, which apparently was potentially unplayable:
JoWood has released a new patch for the Collectors Edition of Heuristic Park's action/RPG Dungeon Lords, fixing various text issues which could make some quests unsolvable and sometimes even made it impossible to finish the campaign.
No jokes, please.
More information.

:giggle: :giggle:

I herd they hired Funcom to handle their futures patches after the massive success of Age of Conan.

I wonder that someone even NOTICED that it could be impossible to finish the game... *g*

hehe, it is the collectors edition after all, it is meant to be in a collection not to be played!

I'm glad I never bought it.

Well, this could be a good sign that JoWood is willing to put forth effort to make the sequel polished. There was a lot of potential in Dungeon Lords, and though it was mostly squandered, who knows with #2.

Well, this could be a good sign that JoWood is willing to put forth effort to make the sequel polished. There was a lot of potential in Dungeon Lords, and though it was mostly squandered, who knows with #2.
It could've easily been a classic had D. W. Bradley ever been able to finish it, but apparently he has a problem with that portion of the development process, not to mention from what I've read of the game it sounded like he tried to farm out alot of the work to remote overseas locations. The only other game that I know of that tried this approach also failed, Mageknight Apocalypse and, apparently, it was apocalyptical.

OTOH it IS a good sign that they DID release another patch, although it may be PR driven as they intend to release a sequel, and this surely would garner them some brownie point. From what I've read elsewhere it was a nightmare to make patches for this game, as, apparently the entire game had to be rebuilt every time to test patches AND generate them which, also, was, apparently, not a trivial process.

I hope that they use a licensed engine from somewhere for the sequel, as the one used in DL was a hacked version of the W&W engine from what I've read.

Dungeon Lords is great

It has one of the best character build systems; interesting guild system and nice selection of races. The story and graphics were okay too. Only things that ruined game was huge amount of bugs and linear world.

Its yet another mediocre at best high fantasy crpg with elves and stuff. If id get penny for each I allready own Id be rich. The poor patching just seems to hit the nail into the coffin. If you really want a high fantasy crpg why on earth would you buy this one?

If you really want a high fantasy crpg why on earth
would you buy this one?
Um... because it's fun as heck, and if you can get the CE for $20 or less, it's well worth the price, imho.

I'll add my voice to Chamr's and say that I did like that game, even with all the bugs and even some Nether spells not working. I got to play it online with my friends and family and that is where all the fun came in. I even passed the SP game. I was really upset that the higher level Nether spells were unavailable throughout most of the game and even at the end you could only get a few ingrediants to cast the highest level spells. In any case I did have fun with it and I'm glad they're making another. I hope this time they concentrate on either SP or Multi-Player, not on both. I still believe that was one of the reasons it was so buggy was that they bit off more than they could chew. Instead of making a great SP or multiplayer game they ended up with a bug infested empty world when it was released because they tried to do both.

Um... because it's fun as heck, and if you can get the CE for $20 or less, it's well worth the price, imho.

That would be true only if there wasnt dozen other high fantasy crps equally cheap and better than dungeon lord. Also they release new and better ones all the time which become cheap too.

In example should I quit my current game of gothic2 with expansion and morrowind GOTY with mods to play this dungeon lord? Is it that good? I payed 20€ for gothic2 with expansion and 15€ for morrowind GOTY.

Last edited:
In example should I quit my current game of gothic2 with expansion and morrowind GOTY with mods to play this dungeon lord? Is it that good?.

No, but there might be plenty of people who have already played those games and are looking for something different.

Back
Top Bottom