Skyrim - v1.3 Released for PC

Interestingly, SOME of the bookshelves are fixed, others are not in my home.

gstaff already posted about that on the forums - the fix won't help if your bookshelf has already bugged, it just prevents it from happening in the first place. Another use has suggested using the console to disable/enable a bugged bookshelf might fix it (won't recover any books though).

Well, I haven't had a crash since I installed it, so that's a good sign. One thing I have noticed though, is a propensity for items to float in the air now. Especially items that were dropped a long time ago. Floating maces, a dead carcass of a mudcrab, a skull hovering 3 feet above a mountain, etc. Not game-breaking but fairly amusing, at least until that artifact I've been searching for starts floating 6 inches out of reach.

So what's the consensus, is it worth upgrading from 1.1 for someone who's not getting many bugs nor crashes?

my 3 housemates all have the same issue, fullscreen ALT-TAB to the desktop only works about 5-6 times then the game crashes to the desktop. not fixed with 1.3. i dont care enough to report it, minor annoyance.

my 3 housemates all have the same issue, fullscreen ALT-TAB to the desktop only works about 5-6 times then the game crashes to the desktop. not fixed with 1.3. i dont care enough to report it, minor annoyance.

Out of interest, if you're doing that much away from the game, why don't you exit? The game loads in seconds so it's hardly a problem is it? I alt-tab a couple of times a session at most, but I've never tried six times!

Well, the patch seems to have introduced my first real bug. One of the things it apparently fixes is Radiant Story quests, etc. not firing properly (or something along those lines). Since playing the game post-patch, I found my first Radiant Story quest won't close out.. it is still sitting in my list of quests as in complete, although I satisfied all the quest's requirements (killed the baddie, reported to the Jarl, and got the "Thanks here's your reward" convo). So, perhaps because this quest was kicked off BEFORE the patch it was bugged all along....

Anyway, I guess/hope I can close the quest out via console command. Anybody know the command for ending an active quest?

It's different depending on how many stages to the quest there are but the formula is...

setstage <quest ID> <stage #> All bandit quests are ID: BQ01 for instance. So you would type setstage BQ01 and then 10 to start one, 100 to get prompted to collect the reward from a steward assigned, 101 for prompt from a Jarl assigned and I think 200 would clear it completely.

This link will take you to where you can learn all the stages:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

I don't know why people keep using tweaks that are known to make the game erratic and "crashy" like Ugrids 7.

Ugrids is also overrated for the good it does in image quality. You can definately tweak your ini files to reach the same (or very very close) IQ than the ugrids tweak with less than half the performance drop.

You just basicaly need to increase out trees to render tweak, mediumLOD on trees, fade distance on grass, objects, actors, etc and download a simple mod that drasticaly increases the long distance LODs of the vanilla low-res meshes => http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1598#content

All put together you'll have good detailed medium/long range IQ, still with ugrids@5 and only 2-3 FPS drop from the vanilla configs.

Oh, and zero crashes and much less random drops from 60 FPS situations.
Ofc its just much easier to include 1 line ugrids, but with more work as i described above you'll have a much hassle free gaming session.

Well, the patch seems to have introduced my first real bug. One of the things it apparently fixes is Radiant Story quests, etc. not firing properly (or something along those lines). Since playing the game post-patch, I found my first Radiant Story quest won't close out.. it is still sitting in my list of quests as in complete, although I satisfied all the quest's requirements (killed the baddie, reported to the Jarl, and got the "Thanks here's your reward" convo). So, perhaps because this quest was kicked off BEFORE the patch it was bugged all along….

I saw this with several quests with the original game so it may have nothing to do with the patch.

Out of interest, if you're doing that much away from the game, why don't you exit? The game loads in seconds so it's hardly a problem is it? I alt-tab a couple of times a session at most, but I've never tried six times!

checking email, facebook etc. over a 2-3 hour period it adds up and bam, CTD.

When I first loaded Skyrim it would crash constantly if I enabled my 2nd monitor. Anyone playing w/ a two monitor setup? I figured it was along the lines of alt-tab where if I moved my mouse so that it would leave Skyrim, the game blew chunks.

game still crashes after a couple of hours for me. I just use it as a 'you've played enough for now' signal

It's different depending on how many stages to the quest there are but the formula is…

setstage <quest ID> <stage #> All bandit quests are ID: BQ01 for instance. So you would type setstage BQ01 and then 10 to start one, 100 to get prompted to collect the reward from a steward assigned, 101 for prompt from a Jarl assigned and I think 200 would clear it completely.

This link will take you to where you can learn all the stages:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

Thanks!! I'll give this a try tonight.

game still crashes after a couple of hours for me. I just use it as a 'you've played enough for now' signal

Had the same problem until I started using the "4GB Skyrim" tool that folks here recommended I download from Skyrim Nexus. Since installing that, I haven't had a single CTD, even after playing for many hours. What that seems to confirm is that the game has memory leaks and the longer you play the more they build up over time, until the game eventually just locks up. With more memory buffer available, the game can sock away leaked memory enough that it allows you to keep playing (at least, that's my theory).

Anyway, if you aren't using the 4GB exe, might be worth a try.

[ugrids]
It is a great Visual (and immersive) enhancer I only wish that I could put it to 9…
Give me a couple of minutes to find a guide that will show you how to restore to 5 if you change your mind. Note that you will see a performance drop depending on your system (and you may experience crashes that the laa mod fixed for me) but it is totally worth the effort imho.

After using ugridstoload=7 plus Anisotropic filtering set by NVidia cp:

http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=7xtj5Q30

Just on a funny note, Hines goes out of his way to say Sawyer is full of shit and that the issue isn't related to how the game saves data, but then one of the fixes is to turn off auto save. eh?

Back
Top Bottom