Divinity 2 Div 2 Character build and skills thread

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
Hmmm, I can't decide whether to go a 3rd tier into Wisdom..- it's only 6% more XP up from 4 %.. I'm lvl 12 at the moment.

Are there any grinding opportunities? Those nice little goblins don't seem to respawn… which reminds me - I heard someone say if you kill lots of bunnies you get a huge monster bunny who comes to take revenge <,<

Last edited:
Don't waste points on Wisdom. You can use Charms and Enhancements for that.

Also, don't waste points on the healing spirit. It's always casting spells at enemies at the wrong time and often starts casting heals when it is too late.

Get heal though, great skill that I would call mandatory.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, guys.

When I saw you can only summon one creature at a time, I decided to rather go for the damage-dealing zombie thingie.

Yes, re Wisdom - I just suddenly realised that those are very small percentages indeed...

The magic blast (the more powerful one, some way down) and "charm" I found to be good investments, though.
Fun to stand watching while your enemies kill each other. :biggrin:

Charm is GREAT. You only have 1 creature to summon, but you can summon other things like a ghost and eventually a powerful demon as well as your creature who can become very powerful as well. Magic Missile is the best spell for damage early on.

How the heck does one summon that creature that you build in the necromancer's cave with bodyparts that you pick up? I've built myself a creature, but the guy is not telling me how to actually summon the thing ?
I'm about to face Amdusias in the Maxos temple, and I figured I might need all the help I can get….

Oh, hang on - I think i figured it out..- thanks! :blush:

Last edited:
How the heck does one summon that creature that you build in the necromancer's cave with bodyparts that you pick up? I've built myself a creature, but the guy is not telling me how to actually summon the thing ?
I'm about to face Amdusias in the Maxos temple, and I figured I might need all the help I can get….

The skull, it should be in your inventory.

Thanks, azarhal - silly me had thought
that I'd given the skull to the necromancer, you see..
:blush:

For a challenge (and it can be extremely difficult at times) i'm playing as a pure archer girl with long blonde hair and silver eyes. Not using any summons or pets or helper skills and no magics - completely unaided (except per storyline helper characters, eg: Sassan etc') this calls for pure tactics and strategy. The game is carefully thought out in this respect and using tactical landscape advantage rocks, trees, uneven ground etc' is an absolute must - difficult, but the way i like it. Disappointed that i had to use a melee weapon on Amdusias, not for the want of trying could i find any bow advantage point against him but still, apart from this i'm going for max to the end with the bow if possible, the bow related skills obviously being crucial to all of this.

Another silly question, but one I haven't figured out yet: can one heal your creature in some way or other? I'm un-summoning him at the moment, to heal him, but re-summoning seems to have a pretty long cooldown period.

I heard someone say if you kill lots of bunnies you get a huge monster bunny who comes to take revenge <,<
True. If I recall correctly you have to kill 24 lovely little bunnies for that ;)

Another silly question, but one I haven't figured out yet: can one heal your creature in some way or other? I'm un-summoning him at the moment, to heal him, but re-summoning seems to have a pretty long cooldown period.
As far as I know, you can't

I was never able to heal my creature, so when his health got very low I'd just dismiss him while I took a short gaming break!! :)

Bah about the healing your creature, -thanks for the input.

Re the bunny, I've seen videos of him now, and apparently he is almost indestructable.. - does anybody know of anybody who's managed to beat this monstrous little creature? 0_0

Not met him myself but yeah, as this clip shows, you need a pet/summoned to take the focus from yourself…and the bow obviously, probably just on the edge of the bow stealth skill detection limit (where any further back stepping moves the character from focus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtiJ6vn4Erw

...and you get an achievement award :)

Generally, I prefer a "battle mage" approach: Melee + magic. How does that work out in Div 2? For example a character dual wielding swords, but supported by magic.. ?

Not a problem, very briefly…

Generally skills can mix and match to your own liking, though you get only one point on level-up some skills require a certain level before another increase in the same skill…kind of makes you spread the skills a little. Wasn't too happy about this at first - you can hold skills allotment until required. Some skills are 'passive' and cannot be linked to the quick slots. Some offensive and such skills require the target to be highlighted and in view.
There a small video window which shows the skill in action prior to selection.

EDIT: One nice touch is that some skills can be adjusted down or removed (re-allocated) i believe but havn't tried this yet.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/screen/view.php?game=11715&screen=8

Skill tree…reading left to right in column mode (some further skills lower in the colums cannot be seen in this screen shot.)

Priest.
1 Summon undead. 2 Fear. 3 Charm. 4 Curse. 5 Life tap. 6 Summon demon.
7 Summon ghost. 8 Hide in shadows. 9 Summon mastery. 10 Blind. 11 Master herbalist. 12 way of the wise wizard.

Mage
1 Magic misile. 2 Mana efficiency. 3 Confusion. 4 mana leech. 5 Firewall.
6 Fireball. 7 Polymorph. 8 Magic blast. 9 Destruction. 10 Healing. 11 Way of the battle mage.

Warrior
1 Whirlwind. 2 Jump Attack. 3 Defensive posture. 4 Life leech. 5 Regenerate. 6 Death blow.
7. Rush attack. 8 Fatality. 9 Battle rage. 10 Bleed. 11 Thousand strikes. 12 Reflect.

Ranger
1 Poison arrows. 2 Ranger strength. 3 Ranger stealth. 4 Splitting arrows. 5 Explosive arrows. 6 Way of the ranger.
7. Ranger surprise. 8 Stun arrows. 9 Potion effeciency. 10 Evade.

Dragon Slayer
1 Mindread. 2 Wisdom. 3 Lockpick. 4 Encumbrance.
5 Unarmed expertise. 6 Single handed weapon expertise. 7 Dual-wielding expertise. 8 Sword and shield expertise. 9 Two handed weapon expertise.

Last edited:
Battle mage is quite easy to build. You don't have to allocate points at level up and extra points are available throughout the game. 1 weapon and shield is probably better than dual wield, but it's a personal choice. Just plan ahead and check out what levels are needed for each skill increase.

Sounds good! By the way - is it me, or does the priest tree sound more like a summoner tree? The only healing spell I can see is located among the mage talent points.

You're not specifically bound to one class, even if you chose all the priest spells you could select the mage healing when it becomes available. On leaving Farglow, the start town, you must select one character class before you can leave eg: archer, mage, warrior. It seems that this selection influences further skill availabilities from all skill classes. So as you progress you could become a dual wielding mage with priest healing, there are endless combinations.

I'm a little late to the party but I'm playing a mage with a little melee. The really important thing for mages to remember is that magic damage on weapons also applies to every spell you cast. If you have a weapon that add +9 to magic damage, then your magic missiles will each do 9 more damage. Because of this fact, I chose dual wielding. Two weapons that together add 16 points of damage to every spell I cast is just too good to pass up. This is just my experience up to level 11 though.

Back
Top Bottom