Fallout: New Vegas - Notable Mods @ Neoseeker

Looks very interesting. I'll eventually try a few.

Nice article summarizing the best of whats out there. I recommend Darn's UI for anyone that prefers a more PC like layout. Works fairly well and I've dropped my own modifications for now that he has a beta out.

Lings update is also good especially if you plan on playing a woman as it add quite a few beautification options.

The d3d9 fix breaks my machine even though I have an nvidia card.

As a side note, I've compiled a build of fomm 0.12.7 that works specifically for NV. If anyone wants a totally unsupported copy PM me. kaburke is rewriting it but looks like he is going the the long way about it and trying to support both games at same time which will probably take time.

I broke down and used the d3d9 fix. I haven't had a problem with it at all.

I'm using darnified and that thing has made it so much easier to move stuff around. I have a lot of MISC that does not weigh anything like cases. It was always a pain to find things I wanted to sell (carton of cigarettes) or move into my house (scrap metal).

Is anyone using the DOF mod? I passed on it since I couldn't see any difference what-so-ever in the screenshots of it.

The MISC ICONS is nice as well. Too few of them at the moment, but still nice.

I would like to see a Caravan hard mod. I can easily beat the computer now that I know the rules to the game. I only lost 4 times before I figured it out. Now I can't be beat by anyone in the wastes:)

Last edited:
Glad you like it, figment. :)

I use the DOF mod and I find it so much better. Stuff in the distance is smooth, not grainy anymore. Definitely makes the game more immersive. Of course, if I could get the Enhanced Shaders mod working easily and properly, I would just switch to that..in the meantime, I will stick with this.

PS. DarNified has been updated to beta 3..quite a few improvements. Seems all the major stuff is out of the way, now it's just smaller refinements and bug fixing before NVSE comes out..then lots of options and neat features. :)

Awesome, thanks Chautemoc. Appreciate the list.

I'm a bit hesitant to put in anything dealing with graphics into the game at this moment because of the d3d9 fix. Once Obsidian gives an official patch to that than I'll go hog wild making it purtier :)

Thanks for the update with Darnified. I'm grabbing that now.

can anyone tell me what darnefied is ? I recently bought NV and I`m looking for recommendations on mods.....

can anyone tell me what darnefied is ? I recently bought NV and I`m looking for recommendations on mods…..

Like this:

picture.php

Inventory management is a lot easier with this.

Any reason I want the d3d9 fix if I have Win7, dx11 cards and no performance issues?

I do miss FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager).

Any reason I want the d3d9 fix if I have Win7, dx11 cards and no performance issues?

It doesn't matter what your cards or your OS support. FO:NV uses DirectX 9.0c only.
Not sure if the fix does anything besides fixing performance issues so can't answer whether you'd still want to use it or not.

It doesn't matter what your cards or your OS support. FO:NV uses DirectX 9.0c only.
Not sure if the fix does anything besides fixing performance issues so can't answer whether you'd still want to use it or not.

I use the ENV mod which adds a lot of pixelshaders though.

Unfortunate incompatible with the interface mod, which looks a lot better.

Looks better now, but just wait for him to finish. That's why I passed on the interface mod. I know when he's done it will look great.

Looks better now, but just wait for him to finish. That's why I passed on the interface mod. I know when he's done it will look great.

The original fallout feel is what the interface mod offers. Darnified just improve the ui.

Do you guys know of any mod that lets you bind screens in the pipboy to keyboard shortcuts? For example: bind the key "M" to the world map screen and "L" for quests etc etc.

Or does this already excist in the game but I'm too stupid to find it?

Do you guys know of any mod that lets you bind screens in the pipboy to keyboard shortcuts? For example: bind the key "M" to the world map screen and "L" for quests etc etc.

Or does this already excist in the game but I'm too stupid to find it?

I recall seeing one (the game doesn't let you do that), but for the life of me I can't find it now. Would love to add it to the list if someone does.

I'm torn between DARNified and MTUI.The interface mod looks nice but the new FO3 style makes sense since this is a new-gen pipboy.

Back
Top Bottom