Consortium - About to be Cancelled

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a 'backers only' post the devs of Consortium announce that they are in the process of closing the campaing on Kickstarter. Being at just below 10K and a target of 200K with just 13 days to go, this looks like a sensible move to make.
They are planning to restart early in the new year , but I am not sure that this is the best time to start a campaign.
Development on the game will continue and can be followed on their blog.
More information.

Launched: Dec 1, 2012
Funding ends: Dec 31, 2012

IIRC I've already posted for this project's recent kickstarter news that I'm skipping it although it looks awsome. Because it's in this month when I just can't afford tossing the money everywhere.
And I'm not alone who is short with cash in december, I'm just stating it publically.

When they restart the campaign, they can definetly count on my beermoney, but they definetly need some more PR, the current number of backers looks as if the project remained pretty unknown.

When's the best time? I'd speculate that it's probably September-October, being six months from U.S. income tax day and well before the holidays. Plus the weather's starting to turn and people up north are staying indoors more. Then again, Double Fine Adventures ran in February-March.

As for this project, I wasn't really sold on the idea.

The cancellation comes as no surprise given just how little people seemed to care about it, but I really like the basic concept of an inventive indie take on Mass Effect (sort of) with a refreshingly anti-dystopian atmosphere. What little has been shown in videos so far looked promising and fairly professional, so hopefully they'll keep up the good work…

Back
Top Bottom