Remakes; especially Blades of Destiny

So Fluent, is the game playable now?

I know the game could still use a few tweaks but did they get rid of all the game stopping stuff????

The game has been stable with minor annoyances here and there for quite awhile. Though to be on the safe side, it might be better to wait for the Gold Release which should come sometime soon.

On the other hand, they have promised to provide the Gold DLC as a gift to those who beared with them all this time. So basically getting it now would come with Gold DLC as well.

Also there is a nice sale at dailyroyal.

http://www.dailyroyale.com/?royale=96

One good thing which is interesting is that they are currently holding a community event to gather quotes (serious, humorous, authentic etc) and tips to display at loading screens.

http://forum.schicksalsklinge.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8703

The game has improved a lot from the time fluent reviewed it. But of course, it can be considered as an eyesore for battle avatars still. Though, they have been giving a positive vibe, so far with improvements overally.

It's really a shame that it wasn't released as Early Access instead. Now their Metacritic Scores as well as their reputation are ruined forever.

The Dev just announced via facebook that V 1.33 is currently tested and is scheduled for a release this week. This is apprently the "Gold" version you will also be able to purchase from Amazon.de end of february.
Together with 1.33 they will also release a free DLC.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/DSANordlandtrilogie

Free DLC? Can't complain.
Gold release? Time to finally play that game when the patch is out, it's acidifying on steam for months.

Guys, besides RoA, Drakensang and Blackguards, is there any other TDE based cRPG? Find me one, please. Or make me one. I'm buying.

Guys, besides RoA, Drakensang and Blackguards, is there any other TDE based cRPG? Find me one, please. Or make me one. I'm buying.
Demonicon is TDE-based too. Besides this, I only know the two adventures based in Dark Eye

There aren't any others than the ones mentioned.

Oops sorry forgot to write Demonicon, yes I have it and finished it.

The interesting thing worth mentioning is that all those TDE RPGs use completely different style. Under the hud, of course, is a certain version of TDE rules adapted for a game. However:

Drakensang - pausebased RT combat with save anytime option, even in the middle of the fight, abnormally slow movement through areas (exploration exists), many skills covered, max party of 4+1+1 (4 party NPCs, one quest related in some areas and one summon), many different followers to choose from, many race/profession options

Blackguards - TB combat with save only outside of a battle, instant movement through areas (no exploration), removed completely noncombat skills like pickpocket or seduce, max party of 5, predefined followers you can't choose from a pool, only 3 basic professions

Demonicon - RT combat with save only on checkpoints, fast movement through areas with (exploration exists), just a few noncombat skills like lockpick, no strategizing with party setup as there is none

I won't say which game of those three applied the best of TDE ruleset, but it's absolutely amazing you can do so many different things with a ruleset. Can't wait to see in which direction RoA remake went.

Long, long ago one employee of Radon Labs told me that the Drakensang engine should allow the use of different rule sets as well - through modding.
I have never seen that, though.

Oops sorry forgot to write Demonicon, yes I have it and finished it.

The interesting thing worth mentioning is that all those TDE RPGs use completely different style. Under the hud, of course, is a certain version of TDE rules adapted for a game. However:

Drakensang - pausebased RT combat with save anytime option, even in the middle of the fight, abnormally slow movement through areas (exploration exists), many skills covered, max party of 4+1+1 (4 party NPCs, one quest related in some areas and one summon), many different followers to choose from, many race/profession options

Blackguards - TB combat with save only outside of a battle, instant movement through areas (no exploration), removed completely noncombat skills like pickpocket or seduce, max party of 5, predefined followers you can't choose from a pool, only 3 basic professions

Demonicon - RT combat with save only on checkpoints, fast movement through areas with (exploration exists), just a few noncombat skills like lockpick, no strategizing with party setup as there is none

I won't say which game of those three applied the best of TDE ruleset, but it's absolutely amazing you can do so many different things with a ruleset. Can't wait to see in which direction RoA remake went.

Have you played Drakensang: River of Time (the prequel to Drakensang?) It's short but I think in some ways a better game than the first one. Not as many party members to choose from, but the ones that are there have personalities...

There are actually 2 more games, both Browser Games:
http://www.dsa-games.de/
(German only)

and
Herokon Online:
https://www.herokon-online.com/en/home

Personally I only checked the second one a long while ago when it was still in Beta. Well drawn graphics but the isometric action combat in this game just wasn’t my cup of tea.

BTW:
Not to be confused with Drakensang Online – another Browsergame
While this one is from the same people who did the Drakensang games it’s actually not a game with the DSA/ Dark Eye License.

Also make sure that you know both: Drakensang and Drakensang River of time like daveyd mentioned. Didn't like Drakensang much, but River of Time was great. It's expansion was not though. ^^

Have you played Drakensang: River of Time (the prequel to Drakensang?) It's short but I think in some ways a better game than the first one. Not as many party members to choose from, but the ones that are there have personalities…

I did. And am replaying the whole saga currently, including never played Phil. Stone addon. I'm near the end of first game (IIRC dwarven city underground is just a few maps close to an end), if KoA patch 1.33 appears in next two days, I'll move first on KoA, then on TroT. If not... TroT is on the schedule.

Thanks Kordanor, but I'm not browsergames happy - wasted too much of my time on ogame and travian. :)

The games linked under "DSA games" are rather text adventures, modelled after several pen & paper adventures. Some are exclusive for that.

And some of them had been for cell phones (German : "Handy") years before that, and have later been converted to the "DSA games" site.

This does not look as free
http://store.steampowered.com/app/264840/?snr=1_5_9__405

Or is about another one?

There was another announced, yes.

But it is weird what in the world made them bring this DLC out first.

From the vibes at official forums though, we can expect 1.33 soon, hopefully.

If they stabilized the game properly and fixed the remnant content, the only remaining issue would be Battle Characters.

After that, I'd call it a smoking hot game. Fingers crossed. Original RoA was one of the few games where monsters were not the only things you had to deal.

I enjoyed Drakensang, but it was light DSA in many aspects. River of Time was far more polished and intriguing then Drakensang though.

For those who are new to DSA:

Blackguards, Drakensang series and Demonicon are based on DSA4 rules.

RoA games are based on DSA3 rules.

They all have adaptations here and there.

Personally I find DSA world more intriguing then D&D world. Like spells in D&D always look as if you can cast them with ease and they are too common. While DSA world spells (especially in original RoA with slow AE regen) feels more thematic and lovely. For that reason I go through the trouble of reading Liber Cantiones with the help of Chrome Translate from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom