Writing for RPGWatch

When I look in the mirror and get brutally honest with myself, I've become…a casual gamer. :blush:
You've become a MMO player, not casual. Casual players don't play just MMOs, their favorites are any genre simplified games like HOGs.

Just like you I was hooked to MMO (all types of it) for a few years and then found out that while it's fun, there is no "reader's passion" to feel there. No food for your soul. Only grinding that from initial fun eventually becomes so annoying I've developed an alergia on it.

After a while you'll return to singleplayer games, not just any but storyrich ones.

Well, I'm not too worried about the quality of the writing. From what I've read based on the various discussions(arguments) on these forums...we have quite a few members who are capable of writing well enough and to be interesting. So I'm quite confident on that side and besides, from what I understood Myrthos and the rest of the watch team would be proof reading and providing support. That way we should be fairly safe from poorly written articles :).

I also prefer less articles but good ones....but why not many good ones? That can't hurt!

How about creating an announcement/forum post detailing new games/previews/requests for articles as and when they come up? We could then volunteer in the thread and you could pick someone each time.

Example of my writing: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13779

But I have limited time, so would only be able to offer services for a few articles/games.

Yes that is a good idea.

I would be interested in writing for the site. You can view some of my review work here > http://www.gamespot.com/users/fluent2332/?tag=userpanel;profile . I didn't take those reviews all that seriously and they are a bit old, so for anything new for RPGWatch I would take a bit more seriously. I'm interested in writing reviews and previews and things like that but I'll do articles and stuff too. Even incorporating blog posts about my recent gaming travels would work.

Go ahead. I would love to be overwhelmed with articles :)

Review code for Mars: War Logs coming up.

Any takers?
The requirement of course is to write a review.

Sorry, but all indications are that it is not my sort of game.

Nobody wants to review?

Mr. Joxer is already playing it. (look here) Maybe he wants to write a review.

I have the game already. But no time to write a review (work & stuff - you know).
My english skills are only on medium level, too ;)

Who knows :)
In the meantime I have a key for the game at steam for who can review the game for RPGWatch.

I've found a volunteer.

I typically write opinion pieces for most major RPGs coming out and post them in the general RPG section. However, they're not reviews, as that would require me to structure everything a bit differently and spend quite a bit more time writing. I usually slap'em together in 30 minutes after playing through a new RPG.

I wouldn't mind being a bit more thorough, but there's quite a difference between "being a bit more thorough" and Corwin level of in-depth review.

Still, if you need me to write something about something, just let me know. I don't do much unless I'm prodded a bit.

I typically write opinion pieces for most major RPGs coming out and post them in the general RPG section. However, they're not reviews, as that would require me to structure everything a bit differently and spend quite a bit more time writing. I usually slap'em together in 30 minutes after playing through a new RPG.

I wouldn't mind being a bit more thorough, but there's quite a difference between "being a bit more thorough" and Corwin level of in-depth review.

Still, if you need me to write something about something, just let me know. I don't do much unless I'm prodded a bit.

I don't think your opinion pieces are missing much to qualify for a full review. You are certainly a good candidate, because you are also one of the fastest players on the Watch.

As I'm going to be overseas for all of July and August, the next game I'll likely play will be Original Sin as I have beta access. Everyone here will want to review that, though a few extra opinions are always welcome. I plan to write a review for it, but at the speed I play, it won't be out quickly unless I base it totally on the beta which IMO is not really fair to the game. I doubt I'll play DC, so someone will definitely be needed for that. Not sure if it comes out first.

As to Original Sin, it would be good to have a perspective of both single player and multi player. If that means two reviews that's good as well.
And we have sometimes multiple views in a review. There is one lead author and others (up to now only team members) can have their say as well, but their contributions are in general much shorter. Don't want to repeat the whole thing :)

In addition to multiple full length reviews, how about including small review blurbs of about 150-200 words ala GOG?

Go into the menu DATABASE/games / select a game/ add a comment / easy!

Back
Top Bottom