Original Sin - Update 1.0.47 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larian Studios has been busy releasing a few patches this week for Original Sin. They released a new new patch on Steam today. Here are the details.

What a game USA-Belgium was!!!! Also, Update V1.0.47

Congratulations Belgium Red Devils on a well deserved victory! And congratulations USA for making it an offensive game and showing such fighting spirit, what a keeper! !

Today's update contains a number of hot fixes for the biggest issues you've been reporting. Your DLC problems should all be sorted out now too.

-Zandalor's Trunks will now talk
-Fixed the repeating voice problem that drove everybody bananas
-Muted banter voices while in dialog or trade
-Fixed crash with open inventory/skill tree on level swap
-Removed Intro Movie loading jitter
-Disabled saving to Steam Cloud again because its size is too small for our save games. We are going to compress the save games first and then reactivate it.
-Fixed problem with UI and save games
-Fixed Silverglen bad script crash
-Fixed problems with preview window in editor
-Fixed problems with game not starting after changing main campaign data with editor

Have fun! And thanks again for spreading the word about Divinity:Original Sin!
More information.

Looking forward to playing this sometime in December when its all patched up. Glad to see people are "Live" testing it though, its much appreciated.

The only major bug that i have encountered so far is that i got all the dlc for free. :biggrin:
Seriously tho yesterday it crashed once for me in like 10 hours of gameplay in coopmode. I can´t complain.

The only major bug that i have encountered so far is that i got all the dlc for free.
If you are a backer then you will get all DLC for free.
This is the response I got when I sent them an email about my DLC problems (they were not showing up)
Hi there,
The DLC are available to all backers now.
This includes the Design Docs, Soundtrack and Artbook which are in your game directory.
And true enough, steam reports I got all the DLC, and when loading up my save game, the trunk and chalice showed up.

Looking forward to playing this sometime in December when its all patched up. Glad to see people are "Live" testing it though, its much appreciated.

+1. People playing now are bug testing the game and the developers fixing it for us December players. Hope to see some good MODs by then too! Font size seems to be nice so looking forward for this with a frown since never liked Larian's games, but maybe they changed their nature with this one.

How often and when are these trunks supposed to talk? I played for an hour this morning with the trunks equipped but no talking pantaloons as of yet.

And what's the deal with the 'chalice'? Does it do anything...or should I just sell it for gold?

I played the alpha/beta (100 hours...ahem) and I'm now busy going through all that again, interestingly, the fights are still challenging (athey also tweaked some combats, sneaky bastards) I am playing on hard (unusual for me) but managing - you just need to be careful and choose your fighst wisely. Still loving it! I bought in at the lowest tier on KS so I got a bargain really.

I played the alpha/beta (100 hours…ahem) and I'm now busy going through all that again, interestingly, the fights are still challenging (athey also tweaked some combats, sneaky bastards) I am playing on hard (unusual for me) but managing - you just need to be careful and choose your fighst wisely. Still loving it! I bought in at the lowest tier on KS so I got a bargain really.

We did luck out. :) I really appreciate how generous Larian was with this Kickstarter campaign, and I truly hope this translates into massive sales and rep for them. They deserve it. Congratulations, Larian!

I can't say I've seen a bug (assuming not highlighting containers is deliberate design) so anyone who is waiting for god knows what patch is doing a mistake.
Okay, I thought this is also per design "Muted banter voices while in dialog or trade" as it's totally irrelevant and now I see it addressed.

The only major bug that i have encountered so far is that i got all the dlc for free. :biggrin:
Free DLC is never a bug. A bug is when DLC is not free and even bigger bug is when to fix it you have to pay a huge sum. Exception is game expansions wrongly advertised as DLC instead of as expansions.

Well I've run into a rather annoying bug since patch .37. If the game goes into "Cleaning Up Session" mode, which procs when quitting or loading, the game crashes and occasionally locks up my entire system. It got rather annoying pretty quickly.

Thanks on the warning greywolf, I'm playing GOG version so I will not apply the patch. ;)
Their compression code obviously doesn't work as intended and I'll survive without minor fixes from the patch. :D

Well they reported current sales at around 160,000 units; and estimates are that they are about 70% of breaking even. So with luck they will break even before the end of next week.
-
Also (much to my surprise) scores in metacritic are quite high (currently 9.1 with 210 votes).
-

We did luck out. :) I really appreciate how generous Larian was with this Kickstarter campaign, and I truly hope this translates into massive sales and rep for them. They deserve it. Congratulations, Larian!

Well they reported current sales at around 160,000 units; and estimates are that they are about 70% of breaking even. So with luck they will break even before the end of next week.
-
Also (much to my surprise) scores in metacritic are quite high (currently 9.1 with 210 votes).
-

Nice! I'll have to stop by Metacritic and give the game another good review - thanks for the reminder. :)

Yes, same here. I'm kind of hoping the shipped disks will have a patched up version.

Someone said we need a separate subforum for D:OS. I'd say we do, at least temporarily.

Just checked on GOG, it says it's updated and in fact says +1 DLC as on the pic:
vqjjpc.jpg

What's that about, anyone knows? Is it this patch from the title or something else?
And do I have to start a new game to get benefits from it?

Someone said we need a separate subforum for D:OS. I'd say we do, at least temporarily.

Just checked on GOG, it says it's updated and in fact says +1 DLC as on the pic:
vqjjpc.jpg

What's that about, anyone knows? Is it this patch from the title or something else?
And do I have to start a new game to get benefits from it?

As far as i know that's just the DLC that is available on steam too, it shoud just include the kickstarter rewards backers get anyways.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/

Someone on the GOG forums said the installer is updated to 2.02 too but i have no clue what patch that is for the GOG version.

(sigh…) Joxer, I'm getting about as jaded about DLC as you are, and that's scary. First I get burned by playing ME3 before I ever heard of 2 major companion & Citadel DLCs, but now I'm learning non-backers are getting this DLC for free after I've already paid for it.

At some point I'm going to enforce my "no play for a year" rule...

(sigh…) Joxer, I'm getting about as jaded about DLC as you are, and that's scary. First I get burned by playing ME3 before I ever heard of 2 major companion & Citadel DLCs, but now I'm learning non-backers are getting this DLC for free after I've already paid for it.

At some point I'm going to enforce my "no play for a year" rule…

I think i was a bit misleading.
The DLC is basically giving backers their reward, the game is only available to backers on GOG at the moment.

If you're not a backer you have to buy the DLC on steam for 10$ i expect GOG to be the same.

Now i don't really like them selling backer rewards but at least they aren't free.

Back
Top Bottom