NWN2 Ant reason to buy the game?

Neverwinter Nights 2

rpgdude

Watchdog
NWN + HoTU is very good. But is there any particular reason to buy NWN2 + MotB since it sounds pretty similar ? :biggrin:

Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - HELL YES, it's not similar at all. At least MOTB isn't. NWN 2 has the generic quest to kill the Foozle, but it's still fun. You'll have to just play MOTB to know just how different it is. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprises in store for you.

Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - HELL YES, it's not similar at all. At least MOTB isn't. NWN 2 has the generic quest to kill the Foozle, but it's still fun. You'll have to just play MOTB to know just how different it is. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprises in store for you.

And depending on your tastes you may like Storm of Zehir even better. In my case, I like SoZ more than MotB.

I love both NWN and NWN2 - with MotB, SoZ and the recent MoW adventure, there is loads of great gameplay there.

Well. I'm convinced but I'll wait for the release of the diamond/platinum ed. After G3, my next game will be either bloodlines or witcher enhanced ed. which has no DRM.

NWN + HoTU is very good. But is there any particular reason to buy NWN2 + MotB since it sounds pretty similar ? :biggrin:

The Foundation trilogy is very good. But is there any particular reason to buy the Dune trilogy since it sounds pretty similar? :biggrin:

The Foundation trilogy is very good. But is there any particular reason to buy the Dune trilogy since it sounds pretty similar? :biggrin:

My thoughts exactly ... though you beat me to it ... erm ... them. Whatever :biggrin:

I've tried to get hold of the Enhanced Edition (main game plus 2 expansions), but to no avial. Does anyone know if there will be a new release of the game as suggested above?

Let me ask folks a question about MotB: Is the reason you enjoy this game because of the storyline? I just could never get into MotB because it seemed full of talky-talky and I like action. High level D&D is always boring to me too. I love AD&D from levels 1-15 or so. It's acceptable up to 20. After that, the game just becomes ridiculous. To me, prestige classes just ruined the game. Crafting magical stuff is another game killer. Magical items should take months and months of time to create, so having it in a game setting is silly. It would only make sense in a persistent world type of setting.

Let me ask folks a question about MotB: Is the reason you enjoy this game because of the storyline? I just could never get into MotB because it seemed full of talky-talky and I like action. High level D&D is always boring to me too. I love AD&D from levels 1-15 or so. It's acceptable up to 20. After that, the game just becomes ridiculous. To me, prestige classes just ruined the game. Crafting magical stuff is another game killer. Magical items should take months and months of time to create, so having it in a game setting is silly. It would only make sense in a persistent world type of setting.
Then get Storm of Zehir. More traditional style of D&D (you create your whole party from scratch, not much 'talky-talky', you should finish it by the time your party is 18-19 I think). I couldn't finish it though, the last battle was just too much for my level 16 group and I didn't feel like 'grinding' up

Indeed, the writing in MotB is the primary reason why I enjoy it so much. It has exceptionally strong writing, surpassed only by a few games (PS:T being one such game).

Don't forget that in MoTB you have some very colorful companions...

Back
Top Bottom